New boy on the block – please help!

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself New boy on the block – please help!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 305 total)
  • Author

Planning your conversion
    Hi Andy P,

just to throw you into possibly even more confusion…i’d like to add from my own experience that taking up valuable space inside your conversion with a ‘bathroom’ is really not so necessary. an emergency bucket safely stowed is enough, as when your travelling you are rarely far from a toilet on the motorways/highways etc or if in the deepest country side – a hedge!

using valuble space for a shower etc makes no sense to me. And how often do you see the bathroom cubicle in many a campervan being used as a dumping ground anyway!

Just a thought as i said.
    regards and happy travelling when you get there

suz

Planning your conversion
    Hi Andy P,

just to throw you into possibly even more confusion…i’d like to add from my own experience that taking up valuable space inside your conversion with a ‘bathroom’ is really not so necessary. an emergency bucket safely stowed is enough, as when your travelling you are rarely far from a toilet on the motorways/highways etc or if in the deepest country side – a hedge!

using valuble space for a shower etc makes no sense to me. And how often do you see the bathroom cubicle in many a campervan being used as a dumping ground anyway!

suz

Planning your conversion
    Hi Andy P,

suz

Planning your conversion
    Hi Andy P,

suz

Planning your conversion
    Hi Andy P,

suz

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Suz Big Wagon
    Thanks for your help. Further research since my last post has led me to believe that for me, a fitted wet room is not needed. In fact, I have found some web sites that sell a big bag, complete with outlet fitting, that you can put on top of the van to warm up in the sun and, as you say, park up close to the nearest hedge if needed. I think I shall go for a porta pottie on board just in case it is needed, but otherwise I think if I am gonna be hooked up at a campsite then I shall use the provided facilities. Also, there is always the McS–t and lies approach at a roadside diner, along with a cheap milkshake…..
    Still researching the best options for the Transit / Sprinter type van – there seems to be a lot of divided opinion over seperate driver cabs and a fitted bulkhead, as opposed to a completely “walk through” and open van. I don’t suppose I could pick your brains for an opinion?

Thanks again,

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Suz Big Wagon
    Thanks for your help. Further research since my last post has led me to believe that for me, a fitted wet room is not needed. In fact, I have found some web sites that sell a big bag, complete with outlet fitting, that you can put on top of the van to warm up in the sun and, as you say, park up close to the nearest hedge if needed. I think I shall go for a porta pottie on board just in case it is needed, but otherwise I think if I am gonna be hooked up at a campsite then I shall use the provided facilities. Also, there is always the McS–t and lies approach at a roadside diner, along with a cheap milkshake…..
    Still researching the best options for the Transit / Sprinter type van – there seems to be a lot of divided opinion over seperate driver cabs and a fitted bulkhead, as opposed to a completely “walk through” and open van. I don’t suppose I could pick your brains for an opinion?

Thanks again,

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Suz Big Wagon

Thanks again,

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Suz Big Wagon

Thanks again,

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Suz Big Wagon

Thanks again,

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Suz Big Wagon

Thanks again,

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Suz Big Wagon

Thanks again,

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Suz Big Wagon

Thanks again,

Andy P.

mgroadster
    Participant

I took the bulkhead out of
    I took the bulkhead out of mine. Although it is not walk through as I have a seating area blocking the gap, it does allow loads of light to enter the rear through the windscreen and front windows.
    At night the cab windows will have insulated blinds on.

mgroadster
    Participant

I took the bulkhead out of
    I took the bulkhead out of mine. Although it is not walk through as I have a seating area blocking the gap, it does allow loads of light to enter the rear through the windscreen and front windows.
    At night the cab windows will have insulated blinds on.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.