New boy on the block – please help!

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself New boy on the block – please help!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 305 total)
  • Author
    Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Andy
    Transits and

Hi Andy

Transits and Sprinters are very similar. One is not better than the other. Either is great.
    You don’t need to re-register the vehicle with the DVLA for insurance. I insure my Sprinter conversion via http://www.campton.co.uk, and have not had to re-register to a campervan. They also insure the vehicle as a can until the conversion is done.

Basically, get the biggest van you can live with. When you are traveling and living in the van, space is precious.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Andy
    Transits and

Hi Andy

Transits and Sprinters are very similar. One is not better than the other. Either is great.
    You don’t need to re-register the vehicle with the DVLA for insurance. I insure my Sprinter conversion via http://www.campton.co.uk, and have not had to re-register to a campervan. They also insure the vehicle as a can until the conversion is done.

Basically, get the biggest van you can live with. When you are traveling and living in the van, space is precious.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Andy
    Transits and

Hi Andy

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Andy
    Transits and

Hi Andy

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Darren
    Thanks for the advice. I have been looking through lots of adverts for vans and saving pictures of the various layouts to be found, just as mgroadster advices. It seems anything goes, but more goes as the space grows, pardon the pun. I still think the sprinter or the transit are for me, but I have seem a couple of adverts for extra long wheel base transits, and even though they look big in the photos I reckon I can soon use the space up. So thanks again and I shall look into talking to Campton for a quote once I find “the van”.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Darren
    Thanks for the advice. I have been looking through lots of adverts for vans and saving pictures of the various layouts to be found, just as mgroadster advices. It seems anything goes, but more goes as the space grows, pardon the pun. I still think the sprinter or the transit are for me, but I have seem a couple of adverts for extra long wheel base transits, and even though they look big in the photos I reckon I can soon use the space up. So thanks again and I shall look into talking to Campton for a quote once I find “the van”.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Darren

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Darren

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Darren

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Darren

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Darren

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, Darren

Andy P.

Planning your conversion
    Hi Andy P,

just to throw you into possibly even more confusion…i’d like to add from my own experience that taking up valuable space inside your conversion with a ‘bathroom’ is really not so necessary. an emergency bucket safely stowed is enough, as when your travelling you are rarely far from a toilet on the motorways/highways etc or if in the deepest country side – a hedge!

using valuble space for a shower etc makes no sense to me. And how often do you see the bathroom cubicle in many a campervan being used as a dumping ground anyway!

Just a thought as i said.
    regards and happy travelling when you get there

suz

Planning your conversion
    Hi Andy P,

just to throw you into possibly even more confusion…i’d like to add from my own experience that taking up valuable space inside your conversion with a ‘bathroom’ is really not so necessary. an emergency bucket safely stowed is enough, as when your travelling you are rarely far from a toilet on the motorways/highways etc or if in the deepest country side – a hedge!

using valuble space for a shower etc makes no sense to me. And how often do you see the bathroom cubicle in many a campervan being used as a dumping ground anyway!

suz

Planning your conversion
    Hi Andy P,

suz

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.