New boy on the block – please help!

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself New boy on the block – please help!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 305 total)
  • Author
    Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, mgroadster
    Thanks for your comments. Having once been the proud owner of a small Fiat car in the past, a period when I got to know my local AA recovery man very well, I can say I agree with the complete lack of faith in that brand. However, what route would you go – the Ford or the Mercedes? I hear great things about the Sprinter, being nice to drive and smooth on the long roads. I have always had Pugs or Fords for cars, and guess my choice lies between the Ford and the Merc, so where to go?
    Oh, and look, no pressure. I just cannot decide between the two and am open to any advice upon which would be easier to convert. They seem as good as each other…..

Thanks again, Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Thanks, mgroadster
    Thanks for your comments. Having once been the proud owner of a small Fiat car in the past, a period when I got to know my local AA recovery man very well, I can say I agree with the complete lack of faith in that brand. However, what route would you go – the Ford or the Mercedes? I hear great things about the Sprinter, being nice to drive and smooth on the long roads. I have always had Pugs or Fords for cars, and guess my choice lies between the Ford and the Merc, so where to go?
    Oh, and look, no pressure. I just cannot decide between the two and am open to any advice upon which would be easier to convert. They seem as good as each other…..

Thanks again, Andy P.

mgroadster
    Participant

Personally, I have a 2006
    Personally, I have a 2006 Transit LWB High top. Room to stand up in, Ford Reliability & readiness of parts etc.etc. I started fitting the windows today…However, I reckon a sprinter is just as good with the same reliability and parts readiness. So Really the only mind maker upper will be you.

mgroadster
    Participant

Personally, I have a 2006 Transit LWB High top. Room to stand up in, Ford Reliability & readiness of parts etc.etc. I started fitting the windows today…However, I reckon a sprinter is just as good with the same reliability and parts readiness. So Really the only mind maker upper will be you.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Andy P
    Participant

Cheers, mgroadster
    Thanks for your help. I think I am decided now on the Transit LWB high top, having seen a few adverts for vans within the local area down here in the South East. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems the 2.5 Litre manual 5 speed diesel is the way forward for easy conversion and maintenance, and I agree that being able to stand up in the van is a requirement. So, with all that in mind, can I possibly bug you guys one more time and ask if there are any pratfalls / tripfalls to be avoided in the early stages of a conversion?

Thanks again, mgroadster.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Cheers, mgroadster
    Thanks for your help. I think I am decided now on the Transit LWB high top, having seen a few adverts for vans within the local area down here in the South East. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems the 2.5 Litre manual 5 speed diesel is the way forward for easy conversion and maintenance, and I agree that being able to stand up in the van is a requirement. So, with all that in mind, can I possibly bug you guys one more time and ask if there are any pratfalls / tripfalls to be avoided in the early stages of a conversion?

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Cheers, mgroadster

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Cheers, mgroadster

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Cheers, mgroadster

Andy P.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.