New boy on the block – please help!

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself New boy on the block – please help!

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 305 total)
  • Author
    Somerset
    Participant

Auctions can be good.
    Auctions are great if you’re buying an ex-utilities or ex-lease van. I bought my car at auction for a very good price, it meant I got a vehicle a couple years newer than I could get for my money from a dealer, and without having to listen to a salesman! As Mg said, the fees and van VAT add a lot of money to the hammer price, so you need to calculate your ‘hammer price’ accordingly beforehand. The downside seems that many of the auction vans are only upto a few years old, so beyond many of our budgets. BCA and Manheim have good websites. Worth a visit if theres one near you.

Somerset
    Participant

Auctions can be good.
    Auctions are great if you’re buying an ex-utilities or ex-lease van. I bought my car at auction for a very good price, it meant I got a vehicle a couple years newer than I could get for my money from a dealer, and without having to listen to a salesman! As Mg said, the fees and van VAT add a lot of money to the hammer price, so you need to calculate your ‘hammer price’ accordingly beforehand. The downside seems that many of the auction vans are only upto a few years old, so beyond many of our budgets. BCA and Manheim have good websites. Worth a visit if theres one near you.

Somerset
    Participant

Auctions can be good.

Andy P
    Participant

Thank you, guys
    Thanks guys.

My only experience of auctions has been a very nervous purchass of an old Ford Estate many years past, and as luck would have it I was blessed with a good deal. Had that car for a few years. I have noticed in the adverts and web sites I have been following that the price of a van has slowly crept up as summer approaches – I suppose the sun makes wallets open easier? Am I thus damned to the tight a-se end of the market when the weather cools down again? I had hoped for a van sooner rather than later. Or have I set my sights too high with my budget? A friend at work says I should target the less popular models for a bargain, but that just seems like a hiding to nothing. Do you guys have any more tips? I know I am straining this topic to the very limits, but I just want to make the one and only best purchase I can, and it seems at present my 3.5K budget for a younger van does not work. Where am I going wrong? Can I ask you guys just what is the best budget compared to year model? It all seems so confusing…

Andy P
    Participant

Thank you, guys
    Thanks guys.

My only experience of auctions has been a very nervous purchass of an old Ford Estate many years past, and as luck would have it I was blessed with a good deal. Had that car for a few years. I have noticed in the adverts and web sites I have been following that the price of a van has slowly crept up as summer approaches – I suppose the sun makes wallets open easier? Am I thus damned to the tight a-se end of the market when the weather cools down again? I had hoped for a van sooner rather than later. Or have I set my sights too high with my budget? A friend at work says I should target the less popular models for a bargain, but that just seems like a hiding to nothing. Do you guys have any more tips? I know I am straining this topic to the very limits, but I just want to make the one and only best purchase I can, and it seems at present my 3.5K budget for a younger van does not work. Where am I going wrong? Can I ask you guys just what is the best budget compared to year model? It all seems so confusing…

Andy P
    Participant

Thank you, guys
    Thanks guys.

Andy P
    Participant

Thank you, guys
    Thanks guys.

Andy P
    Participant

Thank you, guys
    Thanks guys.

Andy P
    Participant

Thank you, guys
    Thanks guys.

Andy P
    Participant

Thank you, guys
    Thanks guys.

Andy P
    Participant

Thank you, guys
    Thanks guys.

mgroadster
    Participant

3.5k should easily see you
    3.5k should easily see you get a MK6 transit LWB high top circa 2004/5.
    Don’t go down the rd of your friends advice, as there is a reason some are far less popular, and mainly it’s down to reliability issues.

mgroadster
    Participant

Don’t go down the rd of your friends advice, as there is a reason some are far less popular, and mainly it’s down to reliability issues.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.