hello all.

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself hello all.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 267 total)
  • Author
    Wanderer007
    Participant

I think you should
    change your name, you make me chuckle 🙂 maybe you should be he comic camperman with some MGs what nearly work

Great words MGR

Andy P
    Participant

Just Been Thinking
    You know, I have been reading some of these later comments and it has gotten me thinking. The Drifter makes good points, and I can understand how MGRoadster feels too – if nothing else, I think it has become evident to me that there is no such thing as an “average” campervan owner. It seems to me that we are all different and all get different things out of campervanning. Yet it also seems to me that we all share a love of the sense of freedom and independance. Isn’t that enough, even if it is just for a few days?
    You see, way back in the day when I had just the one chin and a waistline smaller than my chest measurement, I had many a happy weekend in the back of an old transit, tents and rain and beer and lots of laughs and lots of racing moto cross on the track. The days with mountain bikes were much the same, as were the fishing trips. No great comforts, no mobile phones and even less sense of the time passing.
    Now I am getting older and have a litle more money behind me, I want to do all that again with a van. OK, no bike racing no more, but just the fun of having a van, travelling a bit and enjoying life. Is this so bad, and why can I not do it “my way” and let others do it theirs? I think getting together for a fun weekend is just that – fun. I say the more the merrier,and do not anyone be offended. Each to their own.
    Personally, I look foward to meeting up with some of you guys. It will be great to chat and learn a thing or too – they say you are never too old!
    Anyway, just been thinking………

Andy P
    Participant

Just Been Thinking
    You know, I have been reading some of these later comments and it has gotten me thinking. The Drifter makes good points, and I can understand how MGRoadster feels too – if nothing else, I think it has become evident to me that there is no such thing as an “average” campervan owner. It seems to me that we are all different and all get different things out of campervanning. Yet it also seems to me that we all share a love of the sense of freedom and independance. Isn’t that enough, even if it is just for a few days?
    You see, way back in the day when I had just the one chin and a waistline smaller than my chest measurement, I had many a happy weekend in the back of an old transit, tents and rain and beer and lots of laughs and lots of racing moto cross on the track. The days with mountain bikes were much the same, as were the fishing trips. No great comforts, no mobile phones and even less sense of the time passing.
    Now I am getting older and have a litle more money behind me, I want to do all that again with a van. OK, no bike racing no more, but just the fun of having a van, travelling a bit and enjoying life. Is this so bad, and why can I not do it “my way” and let others do it theirs? I think getting together for a fun weekend is just that – fun. I say the more the merrier,and do not anyone be offended. Each to their own.
    Personally, I look foward to meeting up with some of you guys. It will be great to chat and learn a thing or too – they say you are never too old!

Andy P
    Participant

Just Been Thinking

Andy P
    Participant

Just Been Thinking

Andy P
    Participant

Just Been Thinking

Andy P
    Participant

Just Been Thinking

Andy P
    Participant

Just Been Thinking

The Collie Dog and Exercise Welsh dragon
    This meet seems to gaining a bit of committment from a number of us. So can i round up (collie fashion)all those interested and point you to the post that the Wanderer007 started a week or so ago..he called it Exercise Welsh Dragon (you can find it here in the Introduce Yourself bit)and ask you to give us a thumbs up if your coming. That way we can maybe stir up a bit of fervour and/or excitement for us who are definately going to be there. Great, I’m really looking forward to this!

Suz Big Wagon

This meet seems to gaining a bit of committment from a number of us. So can i round up (collie fashion)all those interested and point you to the post that the Wanderer007 started a week or so ago..he called it Exercise Welsh Dragon (you can find it here in the Introduce Yourself bit)and ask you to give us a thumbs up if your coming. That way we can maybe stir up a bit of fervour and/or excitement for us who are definately going to be there. Great, I’m really looking forward to this!

Suz Big Wagon

Suz Big Wagon

Suz Big Wagon

Suz Big Wagon

Suz Big Wagon

Suz Big Wagon

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.