Campervan Electricals – NEEDED: Hints, Tips, Products and Advice

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Campervan Electricals – NEEDED: Hints, Tips, Products and Advice

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Darren
    Keymaster

I’m not sure of preventative
    I’m not sure of preventative measures. However, it is possible to fit a solar panel that charges the leisure battery. But also, with some solar controllers, once the leisure battery is charged, it will charge the engine battery. These are great when touring, but also when the vehicle is laid unused.

Darren
    Keymaster

I’m not sure of preventative measures. However, it is possible to fit a solar panel that charges the leisure battery. But also, with some solar controllers, once the leisure battery is charged, it will charge the engine battery. These are great when touring, but also when the vehicle is laid unused.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Ste_Mulv
    Participant

T&E and Split relay back feeding
    Hi Guys,

The T&E makes a lot of sense about the conduit. I have seen some cable in terrible shape that has not been anywhere near these types of environment. What is the price increase for this type of cable?

How about back feeding from the main battery to the leisure battery when you turn the key to ignition position? I had left my old van standing for weeks with a small light draining the leisure battery. When I turned to ignition the main battery drained into the leisure battery, draining the main battery and melting the relay. Any products available to prevent this from happening? The ultimate cost of this was two new batteries and a new split charge relay system.

Steve

Ste_Mulv
    Participant

Hi Guys,

The T&E makes a lot of sense about the conduit. I have seen some cable in terrible shape that has not been anywhere near these types of environment. What is the price increase for this type of cable?

How about back feeding from the main battery to the leisure battery when you turn the key to ignition position? I had left my old van standing for weeks with a small light draining the leisure battery. When I turned to ignition the main battery drained into the leisure battery, draining the main battery and melting the relay. Any products available to prevent this from happening? The ultimate cost of this was two new batteries and a new split charge relay system.

Steve

Ste_Mulv
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Steve

Ste_Mulv
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Steve

Ste_Mulv
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 177 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.