Campervan Electricals – NEEDED: Hints, Tips, Products and Advice

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Campervan Electricals – NEEDED: Hints, Tips, Products and Advice

Viewing 12 posts - 166 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    twinwebber16001972
    Participant

wires
    thanks Mg, what”s happened ? i done a complete loom for my Z1R1000 bike in the 90″s and getting wiring was a matter of calling whatever retail outlet i chose, expect it”s because practically no one does their own thing re their own vehicle anymore.I read in a court case report (American)that the Ford Motor Co legal rep when cross examined, agreed that the Co overcomplicated deliberately, their vehicles elec/electronic systems to prevent owners attempting their own repairs, so-far-so-not-good, says me! if i can”t repair it , i don”t want to own it is my daily MANTRA ,>>>CHANT AFTER ME EVERYONE…..

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Solar panels
    I mentioned this on another thread and Darren also highlighted it up there. I use a 120w solar panel which connects to a dual regulator (can connect two panels) and then into the leisure battery.

It’s enough to charge my laptop every day if needed and various other gadgets but as for running a static PC I’m not so sure. You’d need larger panels and that will push the cost up dramatically.

I thought I’d miss my big PC but to be honest I don’t. I enjoy not having to worry about such things now and my 10″ tablet serves all my needs.

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Solar panels
    I mentioned this on another thread and Darren also highlighted it up there. I use a 120w solar panel which connects to a dual regulator (can connect two panels) and then into the leisure battery.

It’s enough to charge my laptop every day if needed and various other gadgets but as for running a static PC I’m not so sure. You’d need larger panels and that will push the cost up dramatically.

I thought I’d miss my big PC but to be honest I don’t. I enjoy not having to worry about such things now and my 10″ tablet serves all my needs.

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Solar panels

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Solar panels

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Solar panels

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Solar panels

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Solar panels

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Solar panels

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Solar panels

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Solar panels

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Solar panels

Viewing 12 posts - 166 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.