Wife Doesn’t Do Camper Vans!!

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Wife Doesn’t Do Camper Vans!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Major Gruber
    Participant

If you’re not fitting beds
    If you’re not fitting beds then you’ll have to leave it as a “van”. Beds are a requiremnt for re registering as a camper. You should be able to reclassify it as a “van with windows” but this will only affect the MoT. My insurance company were happy to insure my minibus as a van when i explained that there were only 8 seats in it. For resale value, it might be better to leave it registered as a minibus, because someone might want to convert it back after you sell it.

PS, making a “dayvan” is a great idea, your kids will love it and when you sell it on, you’ll have plenty of interest from fishermen and surfers, who basically only need a mobile beach hut 😉

Major Gruber
    Participant

If you’re not fitting beds then you’ll have to leave it as a “van”. Beds are a requiremnt for re registering as a camper. You should be able to reclassify it as a “van with windows” but this will only affect the MoT. My insurance company were happy to insure my minibus as a van when i explained that there were only 8 seats in it. For resale value, it might be better to leave it registered as a minibus, because someone might want to convert it back after you sell it.

PS, making a “dayvan” is a great idea, your kids will love it and when you sell it on, you’ll have plenty of interest from fishermen and surfers, who basically only need a mobile beach hut 😉

Major Gruber
    Participant

Major Gruber
    Participant

Major Gruber
    Participant

Major Gruber
    Participant

Major Gruber
    Participant

Major Gruber
    Participant

Major Gruber
    Participant

Major Gruber
    Participant

Major Gruber
    Participant

Major Gruber
    Participant

Major Gruber
    Participant

bob the builder
    Participant

Tacho
    I presume that the insurance on a Mini Bus will be more expensive than a van?If that is the case maybe it would be better to re register the vehicle as a van with windows? i suppose i wont know until i start making enquiries with the insurance companies.Does anyone know about tachographs? The reason that i ask is that some adverts for minibuses say they have one installed? The Mini Buses that i have seen advertised for sale do appear on the face of it to be very good value for the size of the vehicle?

bob the builder
    Participant

Tacho
    I presume that the insurance on a Mini Bus will be more expensive than a van?If that is the case maybe it would be better to re register the vehicle as a van with windows? i suppose i wont know until i start making enquiries with the insurance companies.Does anyone know about tachographs? The reason that i ask is that some adverts for minibuses say they have one installed? The Mini Buses that i have seen advertised for sale do appear on the face of it to be very good value for the size of the vehicle?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.