Wife Doesn’t Do Camper Vans!!

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Wife Doesn’t Do Camper Vans!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.
    Hi Major Gruber,thanks for the advice. I am an old git so i have had my licence for ever…………What would i call my minibus once it has been finished? would it just become a large Car/MPV? i cant call it a camper because i dont intend putting any beds in it at all, so i am not sure what the DVLA will make of it?? also if it has a Tacho fitted can i just remove this?…. Bob.

bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.
    Hi Major Gruber,thanks for the advice. I am an old git so i have had my licence for ever…………What would i call my minibus once it has been finished? would it just become a large Car/MPV? i cant call it a camper because i dont intend putting any beds in it at all, so i am not sure what the DVLA will make of it?? also if it has a Tacho fitted can i just remove this?…. Bob.

bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.

bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.

bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.

bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.

bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.

bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.

bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.

bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.

bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.

bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.

bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.

bob the builder
    Participant

Mini Bus Conversion.

Major Gruber
    Participant

If you’re not fitting beds
    If you’re not fitting beds then you’ll have to leave it as a “van”. Beds are a requiremnt for re registering as a camper. You should be able to reclassify it as a “van with windows” but this will only affect the MoT. My insurance company were happy to insure my minibus as a van when i explained that there were only 8 seats in it. For resale value, it might be better to leave it registered as a minibus, because someone might want to convert it back after you sell it.

PS, making a “dayvan” is a great idea, your kids will love it and when you sell it on, you’ll have plenty of interest from fishermen and surfers, who basically only need a mobile beach hut 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.