running television off leisure batteries.

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions running television off leisure batteries.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    acheswick
    Participant

ok il get an inverter plenty
    ok il get an inverter plenty on ebay. another question, currently i have a 30w split charge relay unit connected to 1 leisure battery which is 110ah. i need to add another battery to it. do i just connect positive to positive, negative to negative or does this make 24v? also i have been told i need a bigger relay sytem for this? what sort am i looking for? thanks.

acheswick
    Participant

ok il get an inverter plenty on ebay. another question, currently i have a 30w split charge relay unit connected to 1 leisure battery which is 110ah. i need to add another battery to it. do i just connect positive to positive, negative to negative or does this make 24v? also i have been told i need a bigger relay sytem for this? what sort am i looking for? thanks.

acheswick
    Participant

acheswick
    Participant

acheswick
    Participant

acheswick
    Participant

acheswick
    Participant

acheswick
    Participant

acheswick
    Participant

acheswick
    Participant

Darren
    Keymaster

Yes, to add another battery
    Yes, to add another battery you just need to connect the positive to positive and negative to negative. You should add a big fuse inline in the positive cable.
    You probably have a 30 amp relay. You really need a 100 amp relay for those batteries.
    If the 30 amp relay is an voltage sensing one, you can use it to trigger the 100 amp relay. It saves having to bring in another wire from the alternator.

Darren
    Keymaster

Yes, to add another battery you just need to connect the positive to positive and negative to negative. You should add a big fuse inline in the positive cable.
    You probably have a 30 amp relay. You really need a 100 amp relay for those batteries.
    If the 30 amp relay is an voltage sensing one, you can use it to trigger the 100 amp relay. It saves having to bring in another wire from the alternator.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.