running television off leisure batteries.

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions running television off leisure batteries.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    acheswick
    Participant

Hi just after some advice as i am new to all of this.
    I currently have a split charge relay with 2 110ah batteries. I am wanting to use a tv

The tv i have uses 60w, is this too much as i was thinking of buying an led tv that uses about 25w?
    also the tv says 12v on it, i currently use it in the house it is a 19″ lcd which says 12v on it. Do i need an inverter or can i buy a lead that goes into the back of the telly straight to the cig lighter? Thanks.Alex

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    The easiest option is to

Hi

The easiest option is to buy an 12 – 240 volt inverter. You need one of about 100W. They are cheap, and will allow you to run other items such as phone chargers, etc.

You could however make a lead to run the TV directly from the batteries, as it’s all 12v. This is a little risky though, as the power will be un-regulated. Lots of people report that this works fine though.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    The easiest option is to

Hi

The easiest option is to buy an 12 – 240 volt inverter. You need one of about 100W. They are cheap, and will allow you to run other items such as phone chargers, etc.

You could however make a lead to run the TV directly from the batteries, as it’s all 12v. This is a little risky though, as the power will be un-regulated. Lots of people report that this works fine though.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    The easiest option is to

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    The easiest option is to

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    The easiest option is to

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    The easiest option is to

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    The easiest option is to

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    The easiest option is to

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    The easiest option is to

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    The easiest option is to

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    The easiest option is to

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    The easiest option is to

Hi

acheswick
    Participant

ok il get an inverter plenty
    ok il get an inverter plenty on ebay. another question, currently i have a 30w split charge relay unit connected to 1 leisure battery which is 110ah. i need to add another battery to it. do i just connect positive to positive, negative to negative or does this make 24v? also i have been told i need a bigger relay sytem for this? what sort am i looking for? thanks.

acheswick
    Participant

ok il get an inverter plenty
    ok il get an inverter plenty on ebay. another question, currently i have a 30w split charge relay unit connected to 1 leisure battery which is 110ah. i need to add another battery to it. do i just connect positive to positive, negative to negative or does this make 24v? also i have been told i need a bigger relay sytem for this? what sort am i looking for? thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.