Free camping in Dungeness
Denge Beach – Lots of places to park right on the beach at no charge.
Free camping in Dymchurch
Just off the A 259 Leaving Dymchurch heading towards New Romney, there is a lane on your left at the start of the golf course. Drive along this lane (100 yards) to the sea wall. There is parking for 3 or 4 motorhomes there. Used quite frequently and busy in summer periods.
Free camping in Dover
- A small layby on the B road towards St Margaret’s. There is a monument to the first flight of the old RFC (now RAF).
- In the town centre carpark, which is on the main road two minutes from the ferry terminal. It is free until 8 am and, if you park on the far side, reasonably quiet. The shops etc. are round the corner.
- Motorhomes can overnight in the signposted area along the seafront at Dover, near to the Hoverspeed terminal. It’s pay & display.
Free camping between Deal and Dover
Nearest place to Dover is the car park right in front of Walmer Castle (between Dover and Deal) with views of channel shipping.
Free camping near Gravesend
The Lorry Park beside the A2 just outside Gravesend (the one on the north side by the Cafe). Take the turning to Singlewell. If you are travelling west, come over bridge over top of A2 as if you are going into Gravesend but immediately you are over A2, turn left as if you are going back to A2 towards London. You will see entrance to Lorry park on left before reaching the bridge. Early morning Lorries in and out.
Free camping in Sandwich
- Motorhomes overnight unofficially on the town quay with no problems, BUT in their wisdom Dover District Council are imposing pay parking on the town from 2003 so that may all change.
- The Guildhall car park (long stay) is officially allowed for overnight parking (max. 24 hrs). £4.