Wiring system advice

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Wiring system advice

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Darren

Hi phill729
    Hi phill729

The only thing I would change is :
    Connect your 240v inverter directly to your battery, rather than the charge controller, so that you can use it outside of sunlight hours. i.e. anytime.

Are you going to fit a split charge relay, to charge the leisure batteries from the engine?
    It’s very cheap, easy and a lot more power than solar.

phill729
    Participant

MERCEDES SPRINTER – NEW PROJECT
    Hi Darren,

Many thanks for taking the time to respond -it is very much appreciated. Fully understand the point of using the invertor direct from the battery on not the charge controller.

I may fit a split charge relay over the winter once I get my teeth into it. I was also going to add a 240 volt system but I have found a 20 metre extension with the necessary safety consumer unit built in and 3 regular sockets. Really well priced so I am questioning why I would go to the hassle of fitting everything required for 240 volts when one lead will do the job.

Once again many thanks

Phill

phill729
    Participant

Hi Darren,

Many thanks for taking the time to respond -it is very much appreciated. Fully understand the point of using the invertor direct from the battery on not the charge controller.

I may fit a split charge relay over the winter once I get my teeth into it. I was also going to add a 240 volt system but I have found a 20 metre extension with the necessary safety consumer unit built in and 3 regular sockets. Really well priced so I am questioning why I would go to the hassle of fitting everything required for 240 volts when one lead will do the job.

Once again many thanks

Phill

phill729
    Participant

Hi Darren,

Once again many thanks

Phill

phill729
    Participant

Hi Darren,

Once again many thanks

Phill

Darren

Hi Phil
    Hi Phil

Fitting a permanent 240v system is only worth it if you will use it regularly.
    Otherwise, what you’ve suggested sounds good.
    Worth getting a 12v battery charger , ideally one for leisure batteries, to charge your leisure batteries when on the hookup.
    This will mean they are fully charged when you disconnect the hookup, and it increases their life.

Darren

Hi Phil
    Hi Phil

Worth getting a 12v battery charger , ideally one for leisure batteries, to charge your leisure batteries when on the hookup.
    This will mean they are fully charged when you disconnect the hookup, and it increases their life.

Darren

Hi Phil
    Hi Phil

Darren

Hi Phil
    Hi Phil

hayley

Hi there, just wondering if
    Hi there, just wondering if could also see this diagram? thanks

hayley

hayley

hayley

Darren

Hi everyoneHere is the wiring

Hi everyone

Here is the wiring diagram image again, as the old one seems to have disappeared

Darren

Hi everyoneHere is the wiring

Hi everyone

Here is the wiring diagram image again, as the old one seems to have disappeared

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.