Wiring system advice

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Wiring system advice

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    VW LT 28 camper
    Participant

Re: LED;s
    Hi there
    I see you seem to know what your talking about regarding wiring LED’s. I have a coachbuilt 1997 Fiat Ducato Motorhome, and due to water ingress damage it is under going major renovation. So while I have got the complete ceiling down. I am planning on changing the standard Fiamma switched multi bayonet bulb lighting to 6 small LED downlighters, 2 above the cab which will run off the existing 12v supply cable wired to a switch. The other 4 will be wired in the seating area I have 2 existing 12v feed cables. I plan to have to at the very rear on one switch and 2 above the table (middle) on another switch. I will be buying a CBE 12v twin switch SPST switch. The lights I have ordered are 0.24 amps and 3.5v as described but not sure if this is for all 6 or each light.
    Is this all ok and should I wire them in parallel?
    Thanks for any advice you can offer, diagrams would be great 🙂
    Paul

VW LT 28 camper
    Participant

Hi there
    I see you seem to know what your talking about regarding wiring LED’s. I have a coachbuilt 1997 Fiat Ducato Motorhome, and due to water ingress damage it is under going major renovation. So while I have got the complete ceiling down. I am planning on changing the standard Fiamma switched multi bayonet bulb lighting to 6 small LED downlighters, 2 above the cab which will run off the existing 12v supply cable wired to a switch. The other 4 will be wired in the seating area I have 2 existing 12v feed cables. I plan to have to at the very rear on one switch and 2 above the table (middle) on another switch. I will be buying a CBE 12v twin switch SPST switch. The lights I have ordered are 0.24 amps and 3.5v as described but not sure if this is for all 6 or each light.
    Paul

VW LT 28 camper
    Participant

Hi there
    Paul

VW LT 28 camper
    Participant

Hi there
    Paul

glennbtn
    Participant

I know it’s been a while
    I know it’s been a while since this was posted but how I can I get hold of the diagram please

Thanks

Glenn

glennbtn
    Participant

I know it’s been a while
    I know it’s been a while since this was posted but how I can I get hold of the diagram please

Thanks

Glenn

glennbtn
    Participant

I know it’s been a while

Thanks

Glenn

glennbtn
    Participant

I know it’s been a while

Thanks

Glenn

phill729
    Participant

MERCEDES SPRINTER – NEW PROJECT
    Hi,

I am about to embark on a conversion of a Sprinter (MWB) camper conversion – my first ever project.

My first, and main, concern is regarding the electrics.

My initial intention is to be entirely 12 volt completely independent of the vehicle power supply.

I have placed a photo of my draft wiring diagram in photos > Mercedes Sprinter.

I am keen to get the opinions of seasoned converters to let me know if there are any issues.

In the diagram I have named my isolators as breakers – clearly this is incorrect but they will be isolators so that I can switch off supply. I am sure that I do not have sufficient fusing in place and I am keen to know where I should place them.

I am fairly happy with the size of wire given previous posts on this forum.

Thanks in advance for any help – it will be very welcome.

phill729
    Participant

Hi,

I am about to embark on a conversion of a Sprinter (MWB) camper conversion – my first ever project.

My initial intention is to be entirely 12 volt completely independent of the vehicle power supply.

I am keen to get the opinions of seasoned converters to let me know if there are any issues.

In the diagram I have named my isolators as breakers – clearly this is incorrect but they will be isolators so that I can switch off supply. I am sure that I do not have sufficient fusing in place and I am keen to know where I should place them.

phill729
    Participant

Hi,

phill729
    Participant

Hi,

Darren

Hi phill729
    Hi phill729

The only thing I would change is :
    Connect your 240v inverter directly to your battery, rather than the charge controller, so that you can use it outside of sunlight hours. i.e. anytime.

Are you going to fit a split charge relay, to charge the leisure batteries from the engine?
    It’s very cheap, easy and a lot more power than solar.

Darren

Hi phill729
    Hi phill729

Connect your 240v inverter directly to your battery, rather than the charge controller, so that you can use it outside of sunlight hours. i.e. anytime.

Are you going to fit a split charge relay, to charge the leisure batteries from the engine?

Darren

Hi phill729
    Hi phill729

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.