what am i doing reading this forum ? !

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions what am i doing reading this forum ? !

• This topic has 70 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Deb.
Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Deb
    Participant

well my big plans were a non
    well my big plans were a non starter so far,on thursday when i should have been putting in the insulation i was expecting my friend round,i won’t see her for a good few months as she is off to Bulgaria to her ‘holiday home’ she’s taking a caravan this time but she’s done the trip a few times in her A reg vw (which is for sale if anybody is looking for one) so i didn’t want to start ripping stuff out of my van and have to stop when she came round,i did however think i could just start on the bottom sections until i unscrewed the bottom ply panel to find another behind it,means i still have to remove top and bottom ply panels to remove the one behind to fit the insulation in ! Oh and remove the metal rail that is between the top and bottom ply panels-nothing is simple !
    Saturday i should have been going for my leisure battery etc but life got in the way and then so did events in Liverpool,my route to the shops i needed was closed off as we had giants visiting the streets of the city ! As they say ‘if you can’t beat em join em’ so i was a tourist for the day,it’s not often i go into liverpool so i enjoyed it. I aim to go for the battery etc in the morning before work so maybe next weekend i will be able to make a start on the van…….

vixen_fix
    Participant

It seriously is never as
    It seriously is never as simple as hoped is it?! Glad to hear you had two positives to counteract the negative though. Full steam ahead for the weekend, good luck and have fun 😀

vixen_fix
    Participant

It seriously is never as
    It seriously is never as simple as hoped is it?! Glad to hear you had two positives to counteract the negative though. Full steam ahead for the weekend, good luck and have fun 😀

vixen_fix
    Participant

It seriously is never as

vixen_fix
    Participant

It seriously is never as

vixen_fix
    Participant

It seriously is never as

Deb
    Participant

some progress
    well i made a good start on the van today,insulated the sides, bottom half only until i work out where my windows are going as i keep changing my mind,the recycled plastic bottle insulation is great,thanks Darren,no mess,lots of fun to play with, didn’t cause allergy problems and my lungs are crap and react to everything ! My plan was to remove ply floor,insulate,replace ply floor but some of the screw heads had seen better days,i was about to give in but luckily i didn’t,it took ages to force the screws out but boy am i glad i did,under the ply was evidence of the van once being a work van,lots n lots of dirt just sat there waiting to collect moisture and start rusting ! NOT IN MY VAN ! Floor has now been cleaned,insulated, ply down and nice lino that makes it look like a lovely wood floor. I’m now sat in a very hot bath with a glass of something alcoholic wondering if my back will recover. On the plus side i found lots of new screws under the ply which i can put to good use. On the minus side my whippet thought she would help with the whole process and slowed me down,every time i moved something she had to check if whatever was underneath was worth killing and/or eating. Tomorrow i will bolt the bed in and start on the unit for the cooker…

Deb
    Participant

some progress
    well i made a good start on the van today,insulated the sides, bottom half only until i work out where my windows are going as i keep changing my mind,the recycled plastic bottle insulation is great,thanks Darren,no mess,lots of fun to play with, didn’t cause allergy problems and my lungs are crap and react to everything ! My plan was to remove ply floor,insulate,replace ply floor but some of the screw heads had seen better days,i was about to give in but luckily i didn’t,it took ages to force the screws out but boy am i glad i did,under the ply was evidence of the van once being a work van,lots n lots of dirt just sat there waiting to collect moisture and start rusting ! NOT IN MY VAN ! Floor has now been cleaned,insulated, ply down and nice lino that makes it look like a lovely wood floor. I’m now sat in a very hot bath with a glass of something alcoholic wondering if my back will recover. On the plus side i found lots of new screws under the ply which i can put to good use. On the minus side my whippet thought she would help with the whole process and slowed me down,every time i moved something she had to check if whatever was underneath was worth killing and/or eating. Tomorrow i will bolt the bed in and start on the unit for the cooker…

Deb
    Participant

some progress

Deb
    Participant

some progress

Deb
    Participant

some progress

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.