what am i doing reading this forum ? !

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions what am i doing reading this forum ? !

• This topic has 70 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Deb.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Deb
    Participant

Just bought the recycled
    Just bought the recycled plastic insulation from B&Q,only got two rolls for now just to see how i get on with it and it was a little bit more expensive than i thought,should be able to start fitting that on thursday. I also bought a roll of silver thermawrap insulation as i thought i could make a winscreen/window cover to keep the chill out. Hope to get leisure battery and and electrics on saturday and spend the weekend sorting the van.

Deb
    Participant

floor insulation?
    would the thermawrap be ok for insulating the floor,i was thinking if i put it under the ply and then lino over the ply. I can’t use carpet as i’m in and out of the van with muddy boots,bike and wet kayak. I need to insulate the floor as we stayed in the van in november using an inflatable camping bed and thought we were going to freeze to death ! I’ve never had the problem with a foam bed so the air in the bed must have been very chilled with the frost outside,we also had ice on the inside of the van,it’s a good job we were in a good campsite with heated shower block.

Deb
    Participant

floor insulation?
    would the thermawrap be ok for insulating the floor,i was thinking if i put it under the ply and then lino over the ply. I can’t use carpet as i’m in and out of the van with muddy boots,bike and wet kayak. I need to insulate the floor as we stayed in the van in november using an inflatable camping bed and thought we were going to freeze to death ! I’ve never had the problem with a foam bed so the air in the bed must have been very chilled with the frost outside,we also had ice on the inside of the van,it’s a good job we were in a good campsite with heated shower block.

Deb
    Participant

floor insulation?

Deb
    Participant

floor insulation?

Deb
    Participant

floor insulation?

vixen_fix
    Participant

Being this gender certainly
    Being this gender certainly does help xD Thank you for your effort to save my dignity but I have very little as it is so I shall ask away too haha. I can see the apprehensivness when dealing with a home on wheels in comparison to a purpose built offroading machine!

Sounds like you have progress to be made this weekend, have fun with it.

vixen_fix
    Participant

Being this gender certainly does help xD Thank you for your effort to save my dignity but I have very little as it is so I shall ask away too haha. I can see the apprehensivness when dealing with a home on wheels in comparison to a purpose built offroading machine!

vixen_fix
    Participant

vixen_fix
    Participant

vixen_fix
    Participant

vixen_fix
    Participant

One fear I have is over
    One fear I have is over compensating with the insulation. What if, due to the intention of using cheaper materials, it got too warm?!

vixen_fix
    Participant

One fear I have is over
    One fear I have is over compensating with the insulation. What if, due to the intention of using cheaper materials, it got too warm?!

vixen_fix
    Participant

One fear I have is over

vixen_fix
    Participant

One fear I have is over

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.