VAN ON FIRE!!!!

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions VAN ON FIRE!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Natalie
    Participant

We are starting our electrics
    We are starting our electrics today so will keep this in mind, thanks. I’m already worried about fires but the other half wants to do it himself…!

Natalie
    Participant

We are starting our electrics today so will keep this in mind, thanks. I’m already worried about fires but the other half wants to do it himself…!

Natalie
    Participant

Natalie
    Participant

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

VEHICLE WIRING
    I can agree that one , mg, best to go qualified if funds allow , thou,on an old (mine 1972)vehicle ,in my exp. the wiring is more basic/straightforward than say a 2010 vehicle, an understanding of basic vehicle elecs/components is a step in right direction , part system testing AND safety procedure if it goes wrong. In my own vehicle fire situation i was as much to blame really, as from prior exp. i should have started 1st by stripping out the elecs and replacing all/anything suspect (ah hindsite-wonderful)i packed up mechanicing when computers became the mechanic and the cost off continually updating the infochip per make of vehicle, became prohibitive.Afraid i”m “old school”and old .!…

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

VEHICLE WIRING
    I can agree that one , mg, best to go qualified if funds allow , thou,on an old (mine 1972)vehicle ,in my exp. the wiring is more basic/straightforward than say a 2010 vehicle, an understanding of basic vehicle elecs/components is a step in right direction , part system testing AND safety procedure if it goes wrong. In my own vehicle fire situation i was as much to blame really, as from prior exp. i should have started 1st by stripping out the elecs and replacing all/anything suspect (ah hindsite-wonderful)i packed up mechanicing when computers became the mechanic and the cost off continually updating the infochip per make of vehicle, became prohibitive.Afraid i”m “old school”and old .!…

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

VEHICLE WIRING

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

VEHICLE WIRING

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

VEHICLE WIRING

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

VEHICLE WIRING

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

VEHICLE WIRING

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

VEHICLE WIRING

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

VEHICLE WIRING

mgroadster
    Participant

If you know what you are
    If you know what you are doing 200% then doing your own sparks is fine. I’m not that confident. I’ve got everything off the shelf at work that I need to fit the electrics.The ducting, the cable, pattresses, Junction boxes,sockets, switches, consumer unit etc, I’ve put em all in place and then One of the sparkies who said he’d do it for me is going to come and place all the right cables into their proper places.

mgroadster
    Participant

If you know what you are
    If you know what you are doing 200% then doing your own sparks is fine. I’m not that confident. I’ve got everything off the shelf at work that I need to fit the electrics.The ducting, the cable, pattresses, Junction boxes,sockets, switches, consumer unit etc, I’ve put em all in place and then One of the sparkies who said he’d do it for me is going to come and place all the right cables into their proper places.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.