VAN ON FIRE!!!!

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions VAN ON FIRE!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    twinwebber16001972
    Participant

I would strongly suggest to anyone who is planning their fit out or has done their fit out to ensure they fit a QUICK RELEASE BATTERY TERMINAL!!! cos if , as happened to me several years ago ,your van fills up with smoke and you have the prescence of mind to STOP immediately and detatch said terminal you may prevent total loss. lots of vehicle fires are “powered “by the battery , if you can de tatch same quick enough, you have a sodden melted mass of wires but not a burn out. And of course , shouldn”t have let that one happen in the 1st place!!(nods head sagely and smiles)think about it everyone, i think terminals cost about £12-£15.AND to everyone doing there own elecs , may i ask ,that when you replace a wire or loom part you use same wire colouring as is coming off please? or keep a note in/on file of any changes made /colours used ,spent hours wiv multimeter pining out my bus recently cos previous owner done the lot in ,yep! you know, red and black!and if/when selling it is an indication that you ve got that right , so most likely any other work is similarly correct. Basic elecs are easy peasy , but when coding isn”t followed it becomes “painful” !!!

mgroadster
    Participant

That is the sole reason why,
    That is the sole reason why, although I work in an electrical wholesalers, I will NEVER do my own electrics. I would always have it done by a competent, qualified sparky. The guy who wired up the van in domestic colours must have been a complete numpty.

mgroadster
    Participant

That is the sole reason why, although I work in an electrical wholesalers, I will NEVER do my own electrics. I would always have it done by a competent, qualified sparky. The guy who wired up the van in domestic colours must have been a complete numpty.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Natalie
    Participant

We are starting our electrics
    We are starting our electrics today so will keep this in mind, thanks. I’m already worried about fires but the other half wants to do it himself…!

Natalie
    Participant

We are starting our electrics today so will keep this in mind, thanks. I’m already worried about fires but the other half wants to do it himself…!

Natalie
    Participant

Natalie
    Participant

Natalie
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.