Trip Planning websites- Europe

Home Forum topic Camping Trip Planning websites- Europe

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Catalan Camper
    Participant

Aires
    France and Spain are great for wild camping. France has places called “Aires” which you can stop at for free but be picky as some are dreadful while others are excellent. There are books out there with a comprehensive list of places.

In Spain you can stay almost anywhere if you’re discreet. You’re supposed to park at least 2km from campsites but we often parked next to them.

The only place I stayed in Germany was Berlin in the Friedrichshain area. I parked up at Boxhagener Platz for several days with no hassle. I avoided Austria as it’s expensive and Slovenia is just as pretty, especially Bled.

Haven’t been to Italy yet but we’ve decided to spend a few years exploring Spain which is an amazingly diverse and beautiful country. I have a good list of safe wild camping spots if you’re interested.

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Aires
    France and Spain are great for wild camping. France has places called “Aires” which you can stop at for free but be picky as some are dreadful while others are excellent. There are books out there with a comprehensive list of places.

In Spain you can stay almost anywhere if you’re discreet. You’re supposed to park at least 2km from campsites but we often parked next to them.

The only place I stayed in Germany was Berlin in the Friedrichshain area. I parked up at Boxhagener Platz for several days with no hassle. I avoided Austria as it’s expensive and Slovenia is just as pretty, especially Bled.

Haven’t been to Italy yet but we’ve decided to spend a few years exploring Spain which is an amazingly diverse and beautiful country. I have a good list of safe wild camping spots if you’re interested.

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Aires

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Aires

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Aires

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Aires

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Aires

mark61
    Participant

Sounds like a fantastic trip.
    Sounds like a fantastic trip. When your in the south of France, do take a bit of time to wonder into the Maritime Alps. Sometimes these southern range of the Alps get overlooked, but there just as amazing as the rest of the Alps.
    And if you feel like a bit of an adventures drive theres Fort Central and the Ligurian border road, an old Italian military road. Obviously depending on the size of your camper.

http://g.co/maps/suzrn

mark61
    Participant

Sounds like a fantastic trip. When your in the south of France, do take a bit of time to wonder into the Maritime Alps. Sometimes these southern range of the Alps get overlooked, but there just as amazing as the rest of the Alps.
    And if you feel like a bit of an adventures drive theres Fort Central and the Ligurian border road, an old Italian military road. Obviously depending on the size of your camper.

mark61
    Participant

mark61
    Participant

mark61
    Participant

mark61
    Participant

mark61
    Participant

mark61
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.