Tin opener time!

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Tin opener time!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    mgroadster
    Participant

After I had cut out the roof
    After I had cut out the roof vent out and fitted it, I was far more confident. These window fitters want your van for 3 hours to fit two windows. That tells me that it ain’t rocket science and reading the Transit forum, the job really is easy for DIY. I’ll let you all know how I get on.

mgroadster
    Participant

After I had cut out the roof
    After I had cut out the roof vent out and fitted it, I was far more confident. These window fitters want your van for 3 hours to fit two windows. That tells me that it ain’t rocket science and reading the Transit forum, the job really is easy for DIY. I’ll let you all know how I get on.

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Fitted my own windows
    I also took the tin opener to my van and fitted a skylight, side window and a porthole. The skylight and porthole were fairly easy and I had them fitted in a few hours.

The side window was taken from a caravan and took longer because I had to make a precision template from scratch. I basically assembled the window on a sheet of card and worked out the measurements from that, then used a contour tool to get the corners right.

The whole job for that took about 6 hours. It didn’t end there though…

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Fitted my own windows
    I also took the tin opener to my van and fitted a skylight, side window and a porthole. The skylight and porthole were fairly easy and I had them fitted in a few hours.

The side window was taken from a caravan and took longer because I had to make a precision template from scratch. I basically assembled the window on a sheet of card and worked out the measurements from that, then used a contour tool to get the corners right.

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Fitted my own windows

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Fitted my own windows

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Fitted my own windows

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Fitted my own windows

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Fitted my own windows

Catalan Camper
    Participant

Fitted my own windows

New Camper

Where did you get the porthole window from?
    I can’t find 6″ round porthole windows anywhere for a van…
    Any ideas?

New Camper

Any ideas?

New Camper

Any ideas?

New Camper

Any ideas?

New Camper

Any ideas?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.