Tin opener time!

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Tin opener time!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    mgroadster
    Participant

Well, after the weekend, I should get my bonded windows. It’ll be time to get the jig saw (tin opener)out. At least with the LWB mk6 transit the guides are already there on the inside to cut round. I’m expecting a great feeling of well being once done. The roof vent had me measuring it 10 times before I made the 1st cut. At least I’ll be saving a good few quid. Anybody else fitted their own windows?

mark61
    Participant

Good luck,
    I’m still umming

Good luck,
    I’m still umming and arring, one day I think I’ll do it myself, the next I think I’ll leave it to professionals. Watched videos, read the DIY guides, one of those jobs that looks too simple, but there has to be a knack to it. What I need to do is practice on a mates van first. lol.
    Let us know how you get on.

mark61
    Participant

Good luck,
    I’m still umming

Good luck,
    I’m still umming and arring, one day I think I’ll do it myself, the next I think I’ll leave it to professionals. Watched videos, read the DIY guides, one of those jobs that looks too simple, but there has to be a knack to it. What I need to do is practice on a mates van first. lol.

mark61
    Participant

Good luck,
    I’m still umming

Good luck,

mark61
    Participant

Good luck,
    I’m still umming

Good luck,

mark61
    Participant

Good luck,
    I’m still umming

Good luck,

mark61
    Participant

Good luck,
    I’m still umming

Good luck,

mark61
    Participant

Good luck,
    I’m still umming

Good luck,

mark61
    Participant

Good luck,
    I’m still umming

Good luck,

mgroadster
    Participant

After I had cut out the roof
    After I had cut out the roof vent out and fitted it, I was far more confident. These window fitters want your van for 3 hours to fit two windows. That tells me that it ain’t rocket science and reading the Transit forum, the job really is easy for DIY. I’ll let you all know how I get on.

mgroadster
    Participant

After I had cut out the roof vent out and fitted it, I was far more confident. These window fitters want your van for 3 hours to fit two windows. That tells me that it ain’t rocket science and reading the Transit forum, the job really is easy for DIY. I’ll let you all know how I get on.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.