Planning our 6 month Europe adventure! :)

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Planning our 6 month Europe adventure! :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    lauraJonathan
    Participant

Hi everyone! 🙂

We have converted Zelda (VW T5 Transporter Shuttle) into a beautiful campervan over the last 2 years. I have just been granted work break for 6 months this summer and so we are off around Europe the beginning of May 2013!

Any tips/essentials/camping advice etc would be hugely and greatly appreciated!

🙂

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    Sounds like an exciting

Hi

Sounds like an exciting trip. Starting in May you will have good weather. France and Italy have Aires, which are low cost alternatives to campsites. Great if your van is self-sufficient.

There are lots of tips on the website. Here are some useful pages:

Camping

Wild Camping or Free Camping

https://www.campervanlife.com/locations/europe/1st-timer-tips

Trip essentials

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    Sounds like an exciting

Hi

Sounds like an exciting trip. Starting in May you will have good weather. France and Italy have Aires, which are low cost alternatives to campsites. Great if your van is self-sufficient.

Camping

Trip essentials

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    Sounds like an exciting

Hi

Camping

Trip essentials

lauraJonathan
    Participant

We are very excited! Just
    We are very excited! Just feels like I have endless lists of things to do at the moment. Good job i like lists!:)

Were looking at going to Norway first, then down to germany, czech, austria, top of italy, bottom of france, poss top corner of spain and then back up through France, almost a nice circle! ha.

Il have a good read of the site.

Any essential that is a defo for us, anyone please let us know x

lauraJonathan
    Participant

We are very excited! Just feels like I have endless lists of things to do at the moment. Good job i like lists!:)

Were looking at going to Norway first, then down to germany, czech, austria, top of italy, bottom of france, poss top corner of spain and then back up through France, almost a nice circle! ha.

lauraJonathan
    Participant

Kris
    Participant

Brilliant
    Brilliant have a great trip I cant wait till my coversion is finished im in that possition. 😀

Kris
    Participant

Brilliant
    Brilliant have a great trip I cant wait till my coversion is finished im in that possition. 😀

Kris
    Participant

Brilliant

lauraJonathan
    Participant

Im sure we will Kris! 69 days
    Im sure we will Kris! 69 days and counting!

What vehicle do you have? Are you working on it yourself? We arent that clever and used a few companies to finish her.

🙂

lauraJonathan
    Participant

What vehicle do you have? Are you working on it yourself? We arent that clever and used a few companies to finish her.

🙂

lauraJonathan
    Participant

🙂

lauraJonathan
    Participant

Ive just searched quickly for
    Ive just searched quickly for a GB sticker which I believe we need for driving around Europe. There seems to be a plain black and white one and one thats blue with stars. Can we use either of these???

lauraJonathan
    Participant

Ive just searched quickly for
    Ive just searched quickly for a GB sticker which I believe we need for driving around Europe. There seems to be a plain black and white one and one thats blue with stars. Can we use either of these???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.