help noob buying camper van for summer

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van help noob buying camper van for summer

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Thanks Andy,
    all that sounds

Thanks Andy,

all that sounds like a hassle, maybe I should consider renting?

Andy P
    Participant

Make a check list!
    No, it is no hassle. Just make a check list of the things you want to check out. To be honest, a test drive will soon show up most of the problems I have mentioned, especially if you take a friend – two heads being better than one. Also, as Deb has said earlier, you can practise your “vehicle checks” on your own or a friends car or van and then on the big day the checks will be second nature.

I would also check out any forums, owners clubs or on line magazines for reviews and discussions on any van you are looking at. Where you are spending $10,000 you do not want to buy a pig in a poke and you must not let your holiday be spoilt by a breakdown of a main component when out in the wilds.

As a final point, Mithcol, over here in the UK we can have an auto engineer carry out all of these checks, vehicle history and finance history, etc, etc. If you feel you cannot do the checks yourself and do not have a knowledgable friend, then call in the pros and splash a few dollars to make sure all is as it should be!

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Make a check list!
    No, it is no hassle. Just make a check list of the things you want to check out. To be honest, a test drive will soon show up most of the problems I have mentioned, especially if you take a friend – two heads being better than one. Also, as Deb has said earlier, you can practise your “vehicle checks” on your own or a friends car or van and then on the big day the checks will be second nature.

I would also check out any forums, owners clubs or on line magazines for reviews and discussions on any van you are looking at. Where you are spending $10,000 you do not want to buy a pig in a poke and you must not let your holiday be spoilt by a breakdown of a main component when out in the wilds.

As a final point, Mithcol, over here in the UK we can have an auto engineer carry out all of these checks, vehicle history and finance history, etc, etc. If you feel you cannot do the checks yourself and do not have a knowledgable friend, then call in the pros and splash a few dollars to make sure all is as it should be!

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Make a check list!

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Make a check list!

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Make a check list!

Andy P.

pgrichards
    Participant

Leasing or Buying
    Hi,

I have been considering whether to buy or lease a camper, as there are many options out there for doing both. Does anyone have any stong opinions on the subject? A friend of mine gave me some companies in the Leicester area that lease vans and that type of stuff.

cheers

pgrichards
    Participant

Leasing or Buying
    Hi,

I have been considering whether to buy or lease a camper, as there are many options out there for doing both. Does anyone have any stong opinions on the subject? A friend of mine gave me some companies in the Leicester area that lease vans and that type of stuff.

cheers

pgrichards
    Participant

Leasing or Buying
    Hi,

cheers

pgrichards
    Participant

Leasing or Buying
    Hi,

cheers

pgrichards
    Participant

Leasing or Buying
    Hi,

cheers

Darren
    Keymaster

I would always buy, as you
    I would always buy, as you can do what you like with it. When renting, you’ll pay a lot for any damage done to it.
    Selling can take time though.

Darren
    Keymaster

I would always buy, as you can do what you like with it. When renting, you’ll pay a lot for any damage done to it.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.