A New Get Together

Home Forum topic Camping A New Get Together

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Andy P
    Participant

How did it go, MGR?
    MGR,

Just reading through some of the old posts again and I realise I have been both forgetfull and a little rude. You mentioned in one post that the last week of June and the first week of July you were off to the south of France. I apologise for not asking before, how did it go? Was it a new area for you to visit or places well known? I ask because it sounds fun and exciting and I guess the weather was much kinder there than here in the wet UK.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

How did it go, MGR?
    MGR,

Just reading through some of the old posts again and I realise I have been both forgetfull and a little rude. You mentioned in one post that the last week of June and the first week of July you were off to the south of France. I apologise for not asking before, how did it go? Was it a new area for you to visit or places well known? I ask because it sounds fun and exciting and I guess the weather was much kinder there than here in the wet UK.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

How did it go, MGR?
    MGR,

Andy P.

lazarus
    Participant

I’ve not poked my head in
    I’ve not poked my head in here yet so its about time i did. I am still interested in getting together with you folks, my september/october are pretty hectic with work and other commitments but you never know, i still have a couple of weekends free (well one in each month) so i might make it. Van has been pretty well behaved since its had its injectors deep cleaned with the exeption of the one really hot day we had a few weeks back when it decided to limp home again. but touch wood its been ok (and guzzled a fair bit of Redx) since then.

lazarus
    Participant

I’ve not poked my head in here yet so its about time i did. I am still interested in getting together with you folks, my september/october are pretty hectic with work and other commitments but you never know, i still have a couple of weekends free (well one in each month) so i might make it. Van has been pretty well behaved since its had its injectors deep cleaned with the exeption of the one really hot day we had a few weeks back when it decided to limp home again. but touch wood its been ok (and guzzled a fair bit of Redx) since then.

lazarus
    Participant

lazarus
    Participant

Andy P
    Participant

Hiya, Lazarus
    Hello Lazarus!

That gets our rosta of interested parties up to four. Not quite enough to form a football team yet, but a great start! I am glad to hear the van has made it through the rough patch you mentioned last time round – was it an expensive repair or a just a lot of work? I do hope it was not both. By the way, what do you call your van?

I understand from the weather forecasts that the out-of-kilter Jet Stream may have gone and settled down and we may be blessed with a fine, warm and steady late summer, and that bodes well for a get together in the late summer or early fall.

Any other interested parties out there? Make yourself known!

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Hiya, Lazarus
    Hello Lazarus!

That gets our rosta of interested parties up to four. Not quite enough to form a football team yet, but a great start! I am glad to hear the van has made it through the rough patch you mentioned last time round – was it an expensive repair or a just a lot of work? I do hope it was not both. By the way, what do you call your van?

I understand from the weather forecasts that the out-of-kilter Jet Stream may have gone and settled down and we may be blessed with a fine, warm and steady late summer, and that bodes well for a get together in the late summer or early fall.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Hiya, Lazarus
    Hello Lazarus!

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Hiya, Lazarus
    Hello Lazarus!

Andy P.

lazarus
    Participant

wasn’t as cheap as i’d like
    wasn’t as cheap as i’d like and i’m still not 100% sure its 100% fixed. I fitted a new in tank pump (£70 ish) a pump relay (£20 ish)and an O ring for the fuel pressure regulator (£1.50 ish) before i took it in. about £240 later they’d run a load of tests and soaked the injectors in the sonic bath for a few hours. sadly AA warranty turned round and said that because it was injecter related it was out side of warranty and they wouldn’t pay out. at least they didn’t charge me for the bit where i had to take it to halfords (their instruction not my choice)where they plugged their code reader in and anounced that they couldn’t fix this code.

other than its one faulter its been ok though i have been driving it more cautiously than usual, and haven’t had the mapping put back on it yet.
    As for a name i call her Alice, every alice i’ve encountered had a dark side, between the blood red butterflies on her sides, ground lighting and remapped engine she keeps true to her name, even if there has been a bit of stroppyness sneaking in recently

lazarus
    Participant

wasn’t as cheap as i’d like and i’m still not 100% sure its 100% fixed. I fitted a new in tank pump (£70 ish) a pump relay (£20 ish)and an O ring for the fuel pressure regulator (£1.50 ish) before i took it in. about £240 later they’d run a load of tests and soaked the injectors in the sonic bath for a few hours. sadly AA warranty turned round and said that because it was injecter related it was out side of warranty and they wouldn’t pay out. at least they didn’t charge me for the bit where i had to take it to halfords (their instruction not my choice)where they plugged their code reader in and anounced that they couldn’t fix this code.

other than its one faulter its been ok though i have been driving it more cautiously than usual, and haven’t had the mapping put back on it yet.
    As for a name i call her Alice, every alice i’ve encountered had a dark side, between the blood red butterflies on her sides, ground lighting and remapped engine she keeps true to her name, even if there has been a bit of stroppyness sneaking in recently

lazarus
    Participant

lazarus
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.