Wallpaper

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Wallpaper

• This topic has 51 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ofb.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    ofb
    Participant

Just thinking a head ….

Whats the score with wallpaper ?

I was planning on using vinyl wallpaper [ a few different types / designs for different areas ] and want to know how you guys have got on with this ?

Any pointers for papering on plywood in a camper ?

Do’s / don’ts ….etc

Thanks.

mgroadster
    Participant

Wall paper? I haven’t a clue,
    Wall paper? I haven’t a clue, never known anybody to use it. I used lining carpet.
    All you can do is give it a go…..but I would seal the plywood first with a PVA like unibond first, so the ply doesn’t soak in the paper glue.

mgroadster
    Participant

Wall paper? I haven’t a clue, never known anybody to use it. I used lining carpet.
    All you can do is give it a go…..but I would seal the plywood first with a PVA like unibond first, so the ply doesn’t soak in the paper glue.

mgroadster
    Participant

ofb
    Participant

Re: Lining
    I did lining carpet in the last build [ half living half garage for my race bike ] but this time its all about living space ….I want that motor home / caravan feel & look

ofb
    Participant

I did lining carpet in the last build [ half living half garage for my race bike ] but this time its all about living space ….I want that motor home / caravan feel & look

ofb
    Participant

Darren
    Keymaster

You’ll need really flat walls
    You’ll need really flat walls to use paper. Fill all of the gaps. As mgroadster says, a generous layer of PVA will seal the plywood and make it stickier. This also works when sticking on carpet as well.

Paper/vinyl makes a nice neat wipe down area in vans. Carpet makes it feel warmer. I would go for vinyl in a larger van, around the kitchen bathroom area. Then carpet in the living/sleeping areas.

Let us know how you get along?

Darren
    Keymaster

You’ll need really flat walls to use paper. Fill all of the gaps. As mgroadster says, a generous layer of PVA will seal the plywood and make it stickier. This also works when sticking on carpet as well.

Paper/vinyl makes a nice neat wipe down area in vans. Carpet makes it feel warmer. I would go for vinyl in a larger van, around the kitchen bathroom area. Then carpet in the living/sleeping areas.

Darren
    Keymaster

ofb
    Participant

Its a way off at the mo , but
    Its a way off at the mo , but will report how it goes. I do intend to do the area around my boys bunk with lining carpet…..harder wearing / warmer for him. A mosaic design vinyl for the small bit of wall in front the kitchen and in the toilet , then a slight blown/patterned vinyl around the seating / main living area.

ofb
    Participant

Its a way off at the mo , but will report how it goes. I do intend to do the area around my boys bunk with lining carpet…..harder wearing / warmer for him. A mosaic design vinyl for the small bit of wall in front the kitchen and in the toilet , then a slight blown/patterned vinyl around the seating / main living area.

ofb
    Participant

stewart1979
    Participant

have you thought about fabric instead?
    there’s loads of different paterns and will be a lot more hard wearing, van walls can get rubbed again etc paper might not last that long. or if you wanted fully washable oil cloth?? im in the middle of re lining my van and doing the ceiling in a fabric to break it up and give it a funky look.

stewart1979
    Participant

have you thought about fabric instead?
    there’s loads of different paterns and will be a lot more hard wearing, van walls can get rubbed again etc paper might not last that long. or if you wanted fully washable oil cloth?? im in the middle of re lining my van and doing the ceiling in a fabric to break it up and give it a funky look.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.