Leisure battery

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Eamon

I have a Ford Hobby T600FC
    I have a Ford Hobby T600FC Campervan (2006) 2.0ltr TDCi diesel. I bought this vehicle from you in June 2006
    Under the driver’s seat (L/H drive) are two 12 volt batteries. As one needs replacing, should I replace both batteries?
    I believe one is for starting the engine, what is the other one for?
    Can you tell me the full specification, i.e. AH, Amperage & dimensions as I want to make sure I buy the correct batteries.
    A third battery is located under the passenger’s seat, again can you tell me what this is for.
    I cannot find any information in the Hobby manual or the Ford Transit handbook. I searched on various Forums but I get very confusing answers.
    I would be very grateful if you can reply to this e-mail or guide me to the correct source for the solutions to my query.
    Thank you.
    Eamon Curran

Eamon

I have a Ford Hobby T600FC Campervan (2006) 2.0ltr TDCi diesel. I bought this vehicle from you in June 2006
    Under the driver’s seat (L/H drive) are two 12 volt batteries. As one needs replacing, should I replace both batteries?
    Can you tell me the full specification, i.e. AH, Amperage & dimensions as I want to make sure I buy the correct batteries.
    A third battery is located under the passenger’s seat, again can you tell me what this is for.
    I cannot find any information in the Hobby manual or the Ford Transit handbook. I searched on various Forums but I get very confusing answers.
    I would be very grateful if you can reply to this e-mail or guide me to the correct source for the solutions to my query.
    Thank you.
    Eamon Curran

Eamon

Thank you.
    Eamon Curran

Eamon

Thank you.
    Eamon Curran

Eamon

Thank you.
    Eamon Curran

Eamon

Thank you.
    Eamon Curran

Eamon

Thank you.
    Eamon Curran

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    You say you bought the

Hi

You say you bought the vehicle from me, but campervanlife.com doesn’t sell vehicles, and has never had anything to do with Ford Hobby motorhomes.

However, I’ll try and help.
    You should replace all od the leisure batteries at the same time. If you have an old battery and a new one, the new one will not perform well. So replace them all, ideally with the same size and make for each battery.

It’s unlikely that one is for starting the engine. The engine cranking battery should be under the bonnet. Is there a battery under the bonnet?

Replace the existing batteries with the same size and rating. So replace 110 AH batteries with 110AH batteries. Make sure the new ones are not bigger in size than the existing ones, or they might not fit. The new batteries do not need to be the same make as the existing batteries.

Is the third battery under the passengers seat the same make and size as the leisure battery? If so it’s another leisure battery.

If you are unsure of anything, visit a motorhome dealer and they will assist you in getting the right batteries.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    You say you bought the

Hi

You say you bought the vehicle from me, but campervanlife.com doesn’t sell vehicles, and has never had anything to do with Ford Hobby motorhomes.

You should replace all od the leisure batteries at the same time. If you have an old battery and a new one, the new one will not perform well. So replace them all, ideally with the same size and make for each battery.

It’s unlikely that one is for starting the engine. The engine cranking battery should be under the bonnet. Is there a battery under the bonnet?

Replace the existing batteries with the same size and rating. So replace 110 AH batteries with 110AH batteries. Make sure the new ones are not bigger in size than the existing ones, or they might not fit. The new batteries do not need to be the same make as the existing batteries.

Is the third battery under the passengers seat the same make and size as the leisure battery? If so it’s another leisure battery.

If you are unsure of anything, visit a motorhome dealer and they will assist you in getting the right batteries.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    You say you bought the

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    You say you bought the

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    You say you bought the

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    You say you bought the

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    You say you bought the

Hi

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    You say you bought the

Hi

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.