Can anyone help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    VW LT 28 camper
    Participant

Can anyone help I’ve recently bought my first camper, its a bit tatty and run down but it appears to be fully kitted with, some kind of water heater (Instor,a Carver Trumatic SB 1800gas heater, Electrolux 3 way fridge,hob, ovenand sinkwith hot and cold tap and shower and toilet.I have fitted a leisure batteryto the zig CF8 unit (old versionI think!!) and all the lights work, but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to get the fridge, water pump,and the heaters working. I connected a new gas bottle and managed to get the hoband oven working.The gas pipes looklike theyrunoff and feed the water heater and night heater.
    Somebody somewhere must be able to help me or point me in the right direction. Not stupid just new to all this, been my first camper.
    Paul

spc
    Participant

fridge
    Most 3 way fridges have a switch on the front , this has 3 settings 1 that looks like a plug thats 240v , another with a picture of a battery thats 12 volt, the last with a flame picture. To get it working on gas you need to turn regulator on top of gas bottle on, the set the 3 way switch to gas ,then there will be another button with an ignitor that will spark it of . you can usually hear it start. most gas system will work on the same way.

spc
    Participant

fridge
    Most 3 way fridges have a switch on the front , this has 3 settings 1 that looks like a plug thats 240v , another with a picture of a battery thats 12 volt, the last with a flame picture. To get it working on gas you need to turn regulator on top of gas bottle on, the set the 3 way switch to gas ,then there will be another button with an ignitor that will spark it of . you can usually hear it start. most gas system will work on the same way.

spc
    Participant

fridge

spc
    Participant

fridge

spc
    Participant

fridge

spc
    Participant

fridge

spc
    Participant

fridge

spc
    Participant

fridge

spc
    Participant

fridge

spc
    Participant

fridge

spc
    Participant

fridge

spc
    Participant

fridge

spc
    Participant

fridge

VW LT 28 camper
    Participant

thanks spc
    tried all the obvious things that you mentioned, I’m not sure how the previous owner as wired up the fridge, don’t thinkits how its suppose to be,unless its buggered as I’ve tried iton all 3 settings even bought a new bottle of gas and used the ignition button to try and get it started but nothing, there are wires coming out of the back of the fridge but I’ve got a feeling that they are not connected anywhere, maybe thats why it doesn’t work on gas because of the electronic ignition not connected.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.