Wild Camping in UK

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat Wild Camping in UK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jackodp
    Participant

Hi Folks would like to set away thread on wild camping if you would like to put some input into this your welcome. Also could put POI location of site and any pubs that allow camping on there car parks and land .

Darren

Hi. Do you mean wild camping
    Hi. Do you mean wild camping in the UK or Europe?

Darren

Hi. Do you mean wild camping
    Hi. Do you mean wild camping in the UK or Europe?

Jackodp
    Participant

Sorry UK
    Sorry UK

Jackodp
    Participant

Sorry UK
    Sorry UK

Darren

I’ve done some occasional
    I’ve done some occasional wild camping in the UK.
    It’s a bit of a grey area, as although not illegal, it’s not tolerated by anyone, and the police will move you on.
    The secret is no not look like you’re wild camping.
    I’ve done it by parking at National Trust beach car parks, etc during the day, then go a supermarket carpark for supplies, cook dinner, etc.
    For sleeping, I get everything ready at the supermarket carpark, then drive to a quiet, safe residential street, park up and immediately go to sleep. No one knows I’m sleeping in the van. I never turn any lights on.
    In the morning, same in reverse. Immediately drive to the supermarket car park for breakfast, etc.

Here’s some other info:
    https://www.campervanlife.com/locations/europe/britain

Darren

I’ve done some occasional
    I’ve done some occasional wild camping in the UK.
    It’s a bit of a grey area, as although not illegal, it’s not tolerated by anyone, and the police will move you on.
    The secret is no not look like you’re wild camping.
    I’ve done it by parking at National Trust beach car parks, etc during the day, then go a supermarket carpark for supplies, cook dinner, etc.
    For sleeping, I get everything ready at the supermarket carpark, then drive to a quiet, safe residential street, park up and immediately go to sleep. No one knows I’m sleeping in the van. I never turn any lights on.
    In the morning, same in reverse. Immediately drive to the supermarket car park for breakfast, etc.

Here’s some other info:
    https://www.campervanlife.com/locations/europe/britain

Jackodp
    Participant

Wild Camping in UK
    Thanks Darren for that

Jackodp
    Participant

Wild Camping in UK
    Thanks Darren for that

Jackodp
    Participant

POI site
    This is a picnic area with toilet block right next to river wear Cobey’s Car Lane DL15 its near to Willington

Jackodp
    Participant

POI site
    This is a picnic area with toilet block right next to river wear Cobey’s Car Lane DL15 its near to Willington

Tomily

Wild camping
    Re Darren 19/01/2015 at 17.07 – ‘I’ve done it by parking at National Trust beach car parks, etc during the day, then go a supermarket carpark for supplies, cook dinner, etc.
    For sleeping, I get everything ready at the supermarket carpark, then drive to a quiet, safe residential street, park up and immediately go to sleep. No one knows I’m sleeping in the van. I never turn any lights on’

Darren I’m not completely sure you understand the concept of ‘wild’! Eating your tea in the supermarket car park and sleeping curb side in some residential street doesn’t really envoke images of some sparsely populated and beautifully remote corner of the British Isles with just nature and the elements for company!!!

Tomily

Wild camping
    Re Darren 19/01/2015 at 17.07 – ‘I’ve done it by parking at National Trust beach car parks, etc during the day, then go a supermarket carpark for supplies, cook dinner, etc.
    For sleeping, I get everything ready at the supermarket carpark, then drive to a quiet, safe residential street, park up and immediately go to sleep. No one knows I’m sleeping in the van. I never turn any lights on’

Darren I’m not completely sure you understand the concept of ‘wild’! Eating your tea in the supermarket car park and sleeping curb side in some residential street doesn’t really envoke images of some sparsely populated and beautifully remote corner of the British Isles with just nature and the elements for company!!!

nestor
    Participant

ship a van from US to UK?
    Has anybody tried this? Thanks

nestor
    Participant

ship a van from US to UK?
    Has anybody tried this? Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.