Which Panel Van (If Any) would allow for a bed to be put in width ways?

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Which Panel Van (If Any) would allow for a bed to be put in width ways?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Beagle
    Participant

Hi there,

First post here but been wanting to convert a large panel van for many years ever since travelling around New Zealand in a Hiace for a few months, best time of my life.

So my plan is to buy a Hi-top LWB or ideally XLWB van between the years of 2000-2006 (obviously depending on the make of vehicle). I’m currently into the research stage but I’m having difficulty finding information on the load dimensions on certain vans. There is stuff out there but there seems to be so much variation in models etc that I’m finding it difficult to locate consistent and easily comparable data on vans of different ages and makes. The best one i’ve found so far is: http://www2.whatvan.co.uk/search.asp but it has certain dimensions missing and not a complete range of vehicles. Anyone know of anything better?

I’d really like to have a raised double bed at the rear of the vehicle, with a storage space accessible from the front and also one for tools at the rear but I’m concerned at being 6ft 3″/1933mm tall that there aren’t many (if any) vans that once insulated would allow me to sleep width ways?

Any ideas folks?

Thanks

kitesurfer
    Participant

At 6ft 3 once you have taken
    At 6ft 3 once you have taken into account walls and insulation i suspect that there isn’t a panel van out there that will allow you to sleep sideways in.

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

At 6ft 3 once you have taken into account walls and insulation i suspect that there isn’t a panel van out there that will allow you to sleep sideways in.

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

mgroadster
    Participant

Every caravan I have towed
    Every caravan I have towed since the 80s has always always been wider than my towing vehicle and the beds were widthways. I am converting a Transit MK6, but the bed is going to be lengthways as the width will not sufficient for my 6′. I cannot think of a panel van with sufficient width…Most though will suit smaller folk.

mgroadster
    Participant

Every caravan I have towed
    Every caravan I have towed since the 80s has always always been wider than my towing vehicle and the beds were widthways. I am converting a Transit MK6, but the bed is going to be lengthways as the width will not sufficient for my 6′. I cannot think of a panel van with sufficient width…Most though will suit smaller folk.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.