Waeco CR 80 problems

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Richard Dewar
    Participant

To keep people up to date, I
    To keep people up to date, I had the modification done. The freezer was pretty cold on setting one. -16 C. As the weather got a bit warmer it just ran continuously down to -23 C on setting one. They took the fridge back. Said the thermostat had failed, fitted another thermostat. I suggested that -16 C on setting 1 was perhaps too cold and a thermostat with a wider range would be better. They disagreed. 3 days later the same thing happened.
    On returning to Switzerland, Dometic Switzerland said it was too far to send a technician to me, debated about who would pay and said it was surely my wiring. They said I could go to an auto electrician at my cost. After arguing with and explaining to them they sent their service parteners. They struggled to work out whether the grill cupboard or fridge was actually the fridge, and thought it was the 230 v supply. I was not feeling reassured. They changed the thermostat after Dometic emailed pictures to their smart phone. I asked many questions which they passed on to Dometic. One of my concerns is the excess probe wire that sits outside the fridge near the condensor and compressor. I think the heat is misleading the thermostat, so the fridge keeps cooling, creating more heat which again influences the thermostat reading. A chain reaction. The thermostat has not failed like before but the fridge will go down to -23 when the weather is warmer. I am hoping for some more honest information. I only got to hear from higher management after writing on their Facebook wall. His answer did not answer any of my concerns.
    Other problems I have had. The stainless steel fitting inside rusts. And the plastic door handle seems to be breaking as well as the plastic bottle retainer.
    Rather negative news for me. I would look at other 12V compressor fridges rather than the Waeco unless they have solved this problem. Seems it has been going on a few years, and some people out there have fitted electronic thermostats with success.

eric

waeco cr 80
    my fridge does not get cold but the freezer is perfect can any one help

eric

waeco cr 80

eric

waeco cr 80

eric

waeco cr 80

eric

waeco cr 80

ERIC

CR80
    MY NOT GETCR80 WORKS OK IN FREEZER BUT DOES NOT GET COLD IN THE FRIDGE DEPARTMENT ANY IDEAS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS

ERIC

CR80
    MY NOT GETCR80 WORKS OK IN FREEZER BUT DOES NOT GET COLD IN THE FRIDGE DEPARTMENT ANY IDEAS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS

ERIC

CR80

ERIC

CR80

ERIC

CR80

Traveller86
    Participant

Maybe take a look at the Dometic range or Vitrifrigo as possible alternatives.

yohannathomas
    Participant

kmlkl

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.