Thank you for accepting me :)

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Thank you for accepting me :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    kevanf1
    Participant

Hi everybody, thank you for accepting me onto your forum.

My name is Kevan and I am a married, nearly 49 yr old, disabled man. I have a 40+ yr old Land Rover series 2a ex-military ambulance that I am in the long slow process of converting into a camper/day van. It’s going to be a bit unusual and way more involved than the usual ex-military ambulance conversion. My intention is to completely strip off the sides and roof and replace the heavy steel framework underneath with far lighter aluminium box section. These ambulances are heavy beasts so the most weight I can save the better. To be fair, they were only designed as ‘field’ ambulances and not as long distance road going vehicles. It was a case of get onto the field of combat, pick up casualties, get to safety and then transfer to other transport (helicopter?).

Plenty of people have been more than happy just stripping the insides of these vehicles and using them as is. I’m more fussy and I like tinkering 🙂 First steps are getting it MoT’d again which will hopefully be sometime next summer (2012).

Ok, after that marathon introduction I’ll be posting my questions and asking for guidance on various things on the forum 🙂

Cheers all.

Kevan

spc
    Participant

land rover
    sounds like a good project . sort of thing i mess about with. Your lucky to find one, hows the out riggers . They suffer with them . all the best steve

spc
    Participant

land rover
    sounds like a good project . sort of thing i mess about with. Your lucky to find one, hows the out riggers . They suffer with them . all the best steve

spc
    Participant

land rover

spc
    Participant

land rover

spc
    Participant

land rover

spc
    Participant

land rover

spc
    Participant

land rover

spc
    Participant

land rover

spc
    Participant

land rover

spc
    Participant

land rover

spc
    Participant

land rover

spc
    Participant

land rover

spc
    Participant

land rover

spc
    Participant

land rover

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.