Self Opinionated git.!

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat Self Opinionated git.!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    mgroadster
    Participant

Yes, I’m going for a little self indulgence here and express my own personal opinion on CARAVANNERS!!

Yes, it’s that time of year again, when old Mr & Mrs Tosspot, hitch up their shiny gleamy caravans that they’ve just handed 15k over for and hitch it up to some cheap soppy Malasian “4×4” and head off to the seaside.
    They’ve joined the caravan club, booked the 4 star site with free entertainment like “Bert Frigg entertains you with his organ” and load up to head for the East coast.
    I say that because thats what they do….Load up!
    Mr Tosspot has read in “Boring weekly” about this new Malasian 4×4 currently on the mkt for 50p, and is ideal for towing caravans.He always likes the latest reg plate regardless of the vehicle.
    Mr & Mrs Tosspot then empties the complete house of everything into the caravan in order to have every comfort, but whilst doing this is making the caravan very heavy and increasing the nose weight by many many kilo’s.
    Mr Tosspot then hitches up all this tackle, and gets his spirit level out to ensure equal level for towing. He kicks the tyres and they then head off.
    He gets on a nice bit of Dual carriageway and decides to show off to the general Public on how good his new 4×4 rig is and puts his foot down….HOWEVER, The caravan now heavier than the towing vehicle gathers momentum and decides to overtake the towing vehicle and WHACK, It jacknifes.
    I saw yet another today, with the 4×4 facing the oncoming traffic and the caravan lying on it’s side in a u shape on the A14.
    I have to admit that as I have seen so many now, I passed them as they were standing on the bank looking dejected and the Police were just getting to grips with the situation and I just shook my head and laughed to myself. I wanted to wave, but thought maybe not.
    Anybody looking for a new interior for a camper may have been more Gung ho and offered em 50 quid for the interior fittings as the rest needed a shovel and brush and dust pan. End of their holiday and end of my Rant!

Pancake Makers!

Evening MGR!

can i have ur permission to send this to Pancake Makers weekly?

good to be back by the way

Suz Big Wagon 🙂

Pancake Makers!

Evening MGR!

Suz Big Wagon 🙂

Pancake Makers!

Evening MGR!

Suz Big Wagon 🙂

Pancake Makers!

Evening MGR!

Suz Big Wagon 🙂

Winterhawk
    Participant

Why is it..
    why is it that some of the people who tow caravans seem to think the rules dont apply to them. There I was minding my own business heading south on the M5 just after the M5/M42 split. On this road there is a hill and a sign at the top of the hill warning towing vehicles to slow down. Past me comes your Mr and Mrs Tosspot like a bat out of hell in a discovery towing a caravan that was half the size of my tanker and the whole think was swaying somewhat alarmingly.. Over the top of the hill they went.. and blocked two lanes when the combination would up on its side…. I managed to sneak past on the inside lane while they stood around the wreckage in the fast lane.
    They break up quite nicely dont they..

Winterhawk
    Participant

Why is it..
    why is it that some of the people who tow caravans seem to think the rules dont apply to them. There I was minding my own business heading south on the M5 just after the M5/M42 split. On this road there is a hill and a sign at the top of the hill warning towing vehicles to slow down. Past me comes your Mr and Mrs Tosspot like a bat out of hell in a discovery towing a caravan that was half the size of my tanker and the whole think was swaying somewhat alarmingly.. Over the top of the hill they went.. and blocked two lanes when the combination would up on its side…. I managed to sneak past on the inside lane while they stood around the wreckage in the fast lane.

Winterhawk
    Participant

Why is it..

Winterhawk
    Participant

Why is it..

stewart1979
    Participant

i love the east coast my most
    i love the east coast my most frequently visited part of the uk

stewart1979
    Participant

stewart1979
    Participant

stewart1979
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

I remember seeing the broken
    I remember seeing the broken remains of one caravan in the road and the woman clearly standing on the central reservation inconsolable with tears….
    I’ll bet her old man had his ears bent for months!

mgroadster
    Participant

I remember seeing the broken
    I remember seeing the broken remains of one caravan in the road and the woman clearly standing on the central reservation inconsolable with tears….
    I’ll bet her old man had his ears bent for months!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.