questions i should be asking about a sprinter camper

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van questions i should be asking about a sprinter camper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    stewart1979
    Participant

hi all where still on the hunt for a camper and have seen a sprinter on a 2000 plate with 135000 miles on the clock http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250977327722?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_553wt_1054 is there anything i should be looking at or questions i should be asking any help and advice would be very appreciated thanks

mgroadster
    Participant

The thing that would bother
    The thing that would bother me is the lack of service history. Diesels NEED to have regular oil & filter changes, and lack of proof of this can be worrying. Without regular oil changes, although the mileage may be 135k or whatever, in the engine world it could have done an equal to 200,000. It’s all very well having top notch spec conversion work etc, but without service history, could be an expensive risk. Bargain hard if you intend buying it!!!The fact that it’s just had an oil change means nothing, especially if the last one was 50,000 miles ago!

mgroadster
    Participant

The thing that would bother me is the lack of service history. Diesels NEED to have regular oil & filter changes, and lack of proof of this can be worrying. Without regular oil changes, although the mileage may be 135k or whatever, in the engine world it could have done an equal to 200,000. It’s all very well having top notch spec conversion work etc, but without service history, could be an expensive risk. Bargain hard if you intend buying it!!!The fact that it’s just had an oil change means nothing, especially if the last one was 50,000 miles ago!

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Darren
    Keymaster

Good point about the service
    Good point about the service history. However, the seller might mean that there are no stamps in the service history log, as that’s how I read their description.
    It’s worth checking with the seller. They might have serviced it regularly, and they might have some proof of it.

Darren
    Keymaster

Good point about the service history. However, the seller might mean that there are no stamps in the service history log, as that’s how I read their description.
    It’s worth checking with the seller. They might have serviced it regularly, and they might have some proof of it.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.