Pitman Arm Puller

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    dubber1
    Participant

pitman puller
    Hi thanks for the reply.The vehicle in question is a 1972 vw camper with early type cast steering box.I have in the past tensioned the puller hit it with a large hammer re-tensioned etc etc all to no avail these things I understand can be very tight.The only thing to happen was that it bent the puller bolts,it wasn’t a particularly cheap one.I have seen on u tube a puller used that seemed to take the arm off with ease,[maybe done for the camera],but I can’t seem to find one anywhere.Will give it another try with the puller I have and just take my time Thanks Mike.

dubber1
    Participant

pitman puller
    Hi thanks for the reply.The vehicle in question is a 1972 vw camper with early type cast steering box.I have in the past tensioned the puller hit it with a large hammer re-tensioned etc etc all to no avail these things I understand can be very tight.The only thing to happen was that it bent the puller bolts,it wasn’t a particularly cheap one.I have seen on u tube a puller used that seemed to take the arm off with ease,[maybe done for the camera],but I can’t seem to find one anywhere.Will give it another try with the puller I have and just take my time Thanks Mike.

dubber1
    Participant

pitman puller

dubber1
    Participant

pitman puller

dubber1
    Participant

pitman puller

dubber1
    Participant

pitman puller

dubber1
    Participant

pitman puller

dubber1
    Participant

pitman puller

dubber1
    Participant

pitman puller

dubber1
    Participant

pitman puller

dubber1
    Participant

pitman puller

dubber1
    Participant

pitman puller

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

PULLERS
    OLD POST I REALISE BUT, ANY CHANCE U GOT SOME(CAREFUL)HEAT ON JOB?

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

PULLERS

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

PULLERS

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.