Northern France

Home Forum topic Camping Northern France

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    isaune
    Participant

Hi there

My girlfriend and I are brand new to campervanning. Bought an old T25 just after Xmas.

Just booked a Dover Calais ferry – out on 17th May – back on 22nd May as a first trip!!

We don’t want to travel too far from Calais – say 250 miles round trip would be ok.

We would like to stay in 2 or 3 different places.

Can anyone please recommend a good itinerary for us?

I have heard Honfleur Aire is quite good so I am thinking this might be the farthest point in our trip but any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks

Ian

mgroadster
    Participant

My wife and I are regular
    My wife and I are regular drivers/caravanners through France. We always head for the south and wander down the back roads and stay off the Peages.
    The best tip I can give you is buy a copy of the Michelin guide to camping & caravanning 2012 (or buy a 1 or 2 year old one at a boot sale) It is our bible and lists all the sites from “Aire naturelle” which are basic but many in beautiful places, the “Municipales”!These are the equiv of local auth sites for tourers and usually have excellent facilities at cheap prices. Then you have the mainstream sites with pools and stuff.So you can drive along and if you come across somewhere you fancy exploring, just open the book to find the nearest site.

mgroadster
    Participant

My wife and I are regular drivers/caravanners through France. We always head for the south and wander down the back roads and stay off the Peages.
    The best tip I can give you is buy a copy of the Michelin guide to camping & caravanning 2012 (or buy a 1 or 2 year old one at a boot sale) It is our bible and lists all the sites from “Aire naturelle” which are basic but many in beautiful places, the “Municipales”!These are the equiv of local auth sites for tourers and usually have excellent facilities at cheap prices. Then you have the mainstream sites with pools and stuff.So you can drive along and if you come across somewhere you fancy exploring, just open the book to find the nearest site.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Darren
    Keymaster

Great tip, thanks!
    Great tip, thanks!

Darren
    Keymaster

Great tip, thanks!
    Great tip, thanks!

Darren
    Keymaster

Great tip, thanks!
    Great tip, thanks!

Darren
    Keymaster

Great tip, thanks!
    Great tip, thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.