Music/Books?

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat Music/Books?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    mgroadster
    Participant

OK, I attempted to get some demographics, but some reluctancy to tell us where you are…..So, to change the subject, just to see if there are any like minded people or a good eclectic mix….
    Favourite bands? and favourite authors.

Again, I’ll take the lead….Music…Keane,Coldplay,The great Eric Clapton, Green day and for total relaxation..Vivaldi.

Favourite author…Alexander Solzenytsin.

Andy P
    Participant

Listen whilst you drive
    OK then, here goes.

Favourite authors are HP Lovecraft (horror), Harry Turtledove (sciFi) and Scott Sigler (horror/SciFi). I also love the older writers, such as Poe, Rice Burroughs, Howard, Verne and such like.

As for when driving, audio books rock and I recommend a trip to a web site called Podiobooks.com or the Scott Sigler site, or even another called podcastle for lots of downlowdable stuff and links to other great sites. Scott Sigler makes some mean talking books and can be quite compulsive – I just have to keep on listening!

Music for me is endless in variety. Queen know guitars, Will Smith does a nice clean rap and Vivaldi with the four seasons is cool. I like it all and match music to mood. I tend to buy the greatest hits collections, or some such, and delve in deeper where I fancy.

Finally, for superheroes, check out spiderman and ironman. And for a real dark treat to haunt you in your dreams, get a couple of Spawn graphic novels to read just before bedtime…….:)…

In a nutshell, I love it all, and have only the one problem. Only 24 hours in a day….

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Listen whilst you drive
    OK then, here goes.

Favourite authors are HP Lovecraft (horror), Harry Turtledove (sciFi) and Scott Sigler (horror/SciFi). I also love the older writers, such as Poe, Rice Burroughs, Howard, Verne and such like.

As for when driving, audio books rock and I recommend a trip to a web site called Podiobooks.com or the Scott Sigler site, or even another called podcastle for lots of downlowdable stuff and links to other great sites. Scott Sigler makes some mean talking books and can be quite compulsive – I just have to keep on listening!

Music for me is endless in variety. Queen know guitars, Will Smith does a nice clean rap and Vivaldi with the four seasons is cool. I like it all and match music to mood. I tend to buy the greatest hits collections, or some such, and delve in deeper where I fancy.

Finally, for superheroes, check out spiderman and ironman. And for a real dark treat to haunt you in your dreams, get a couple of Spawn graphic novels to read just before bedtime…….:)…

In a nutshell, I love it all, and have only the one problem. Only 24 hours in a day….

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Listen whilst you drive
    OK then, here goes.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Listen whilst you drive
    OK then, here goes.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Listen whilst you drive
    OK then, here goes.

Andy P.

mgroadster
    Participant

Y’know, On the American MG
    Y’know, On the American MG forum I spend loads of time on, there is plenty of daily chat about all sorts of subjects inc. current affairs/politics etc.
    I was beginning to think that nobody was a conversationalist here and that at the meet, you’d all sit round staring at each other LOL.
    I always love listening to what other people are about and their lives and interests, cheers, Andy.

mgroadster
    Participant

Y’know, On the American MG forum I spend loads of time on, there is plenty of daily chat about all sorts of subjects inc. current affairs/politics etc.
    I was beginning to think that nobody was a conversationalist here and that at the meet, you’d all sit round staring at each other LOL.
    I always love listening to what other people are about and their lives and interests, cheers, Andy.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Darren
    Keymaster

I’ve always loved music. I
    I’ve always loved music. I got into rave and grunge, then everything since. But as I’ve got older (36 now!) I’ve got into podcasts and audio books more. I love these when doing 12 hours days driving across France.

Today I listen to Radiohead, Bombay Bicycle Club, Easy Star All Stars, John Butler Trio. I’ve always loved the Beastie Boys, and was very day to hear the Adam Yauch passed away recently.

Darren
    Keymaster

I’ve always loved music. I got into rave and grunge, then everything since. But as I’ve got older (36 now!) I’ve got into podcasts and audio books more. I love these when doing 12 hours days driving across France.

Today I listen to Radiohead, Bombay Bicycle Club, Easy Star All Stars, John Butler Trio. I’ve always loved the Beastie Boys, and was very day to hear the Adam Yauch passed away recently.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.