Insulating a van

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Insulating a van

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 221 total)
  • Author
    thesmiths
    Participant

Hiya

I’m sure this has been asked before but just wondering if there are any tips on what to insulate a van with? We have a Nissan Primastar…have seen people talking about Kingspan. just wondering what’s the best to use and how much of it!

Cheers!

Z

mgroadster
    Participant

I think everyone has their
    I think everyone has their own favourite.
    Kingspan, cellotex, Rockwool and I personally used a double foil backed insulation with a plastic inner which I glued direct. I’m now boarding out.
    I very much doubt that ours will be used in sub zero temps, but if you are planning on that as a possibility, then ensure you have a good thick layer of insulation.

mgroadster
    Participant

Kingspan, cellotex, Rockwool and I personally used a double foil backed insulation with a plastic inner which I glued direct. I’m now boarding out.
    I very much doubt that ours will be used in sub zero temps, but if you are planning on that as a possibility, then ensure you have a good thick layer of insulation.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

thesmiths
    Participant

Cheers. Too many choices!
    Cheers. Too many choices! That’s the last thing on the list to buy for the moment. Getting the windows done end of this week, ordered ply lining and veltrim today.

We’re going to be busy for while!

thesmiths
    Participant

Cheers. Too many choices! That’s the last thing on the list to buy for the moment. Getting the windows done end of this week, ordered ply lining and veltrim today.

thesmiths
    Participant

thesmiths
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 221 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.