Hi new here and to Motorhomes ..need some help on Controls

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Hi new here and to Motorhomes ..need some help on Controls

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    EwoKIE
    Participant

Ok thanks if you took the time to click my question
    As you may see or tell I am new to motorhomes and just recently purchased this:

Fiat Ducato 1.9 TD (1994) L Registration (LHD)

Have uploaded pictures to what I need help on please.

The main Battery under the bonnet –
    Theres a blue wire coming off and seems to go where the Leisure battery is but goes up inside

At the Leisure battery theres a Red wire that comes down and goes to the battery

Both these batteries have a 30 Amp fuse fitted

As far as I know theres 2 batteries / Gas bottle / and mains attachment on the side

What I need to know is how to operate the controls and the pipe switches in the cupboard which are just below the sink and next to the fridge

Also the pictures I have shown does the leisure battery get charged in any way or do I need to charge it when needed

Thanks in advance if you could tell me what all these do as I didnt recieve a manual and dont want to blow myself up

mgroadster
    Participant

This sort of leads back to
    This sort of leads back to “twinwebers” thread about using wrong colours on wiring.I would check the system very carefully. HOWEVER, If that system has served the vehicle well before may be OK.
    Might be well asking the previous owner on how to operate the various bits and pieces incase of any anomalies.

mgroadster
    Participant

This sort of leads back to “twinwebers” thread about using wrong colours on wiring.I would check the system very carefully. HOWEVER, If that system has served the vehicle well before may be OK.
    Might be well asking the previous owner on how to operate the various bits and pieces incase of any anomalies.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

new van?
    And i agree with”mg”s” post , nip back to the previous owner if poss?and get a run thru re all systems / controls,if u intend to wild camp will you be doing your own “get me home”repairs? a lot of “won”t start” & “was running but stopped” are faulty elecs,if you do not have a basic understanding of same you are a)well stuck b)open to being financially stuffed.If inclined, spend £20 on a multimeter and google “basic vehicle elecs. get the wiring diagram for your vehicle .don”t be in awe of electricity, just be careful/ thoughtful, must say that blue wire does look interesting?lot of insulating tape in there mate there are safer ways to protect cables .post again please , let us know how you fare?

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

new van?
    And i agree with”mg”s” post , nip back to the previous owner if poss?and get a run thru re all systems / controls,if u intend to wild camp will you be doing your own “get me home”repairs? a lot of “won”t start” & “was running but stopped” are faulty elecs,if you do not have a basic understanding of same you are a)well stuck b)open to being financially stuffed.If inclined, spend £20 on a multimeter and google “basic vehicle elecs. get the wiring diagram for your vehicle .don”t be in awe of electricity, just be careful/ thoughtful, must say that blue wire does look interesting?lot of insulating tape in there mate there are safer ways to protect cables .post again please , let us know how you fare?

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

new van?

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

new van?

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

new van?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.