Hi all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Bracpan
    Participant

I have just got a 2005 MWB merc Sprinter 311 CDi to convert to a camper.
    I built a camper years ago using a Bedford Ambulance, kitted it all out and fitted a Rover V8 with an auto box…but now I need something a bit more efficient on fuel.
    I have been thinking of getting a complete caravan old or damaged and stripping it for the fittings etc. Will first fit windows and a couple of roof vents then insulate it so at least I can start using it in easter as I need to tow a race car. Any advice on lining and the best insulation will be appreciated.
    regards
    Phil

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Phil
    Nice to hear from

Hi Phil

Nice to hear from you.
    I have a CDi 311. Great van.
    Caravan is a great way to go to get all of the bits at once.

The best insulation is celotex or Kingspan type stuff. You can buy discounted packs on ebay. Also seconds are available if you google it.
    For lining I used 6mm plywood. Gives a little bend for following contours. Line everything at once, before you start making furniture. It’s much easier and stronger. Put in any wires or pipes first though. Trunking is a good idea.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Phil
    Nice to hear from

Hi Phil

Nice to hear from you.

The best insulation is celotex or Kingspan type stuff. You can buy discounted packs on ebay. Also seconds are available if you google it.
    For lining I used 6mm plywood. Gives a little bend for following contours. Line everything at once, before you start making furniture. It’s much easier and stronger. Put in any wires or pipes first though. Trunking is a good idea.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Phil
    Nice to hear from

Hi Phil

Nice to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Phil
    Nice to hear from

Hi Phil

Nice to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Phil
    Nice to hear from

Hi Phil

Nice to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Phil
    Nice to hear from

Hi Phil

Nice to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Phil
    Nice to hear from

Hi Phil

Nice to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Phil
    Nice to hear from

Hi Phil

Nice to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Phil
    Nice to hear from

Hi Phil

Nice to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Phil
    Nice to hear from

Hi Phil

Nice to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Phil
    Nice to hear from

Hi Phil

Nice to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Phil
    Nice to hear from

Hi Phil

Nice to hear from you.

hi phil
    Hi Phil i used celotex type insulation watch out for thickness on cieling i just got away with it mini heki skylights only go up to 62 mm deep my transit has ribbs on the roof good luck from Dave and Lin

hi phil
    Hi Phil i used celotex type insulation watch out for thickness on cieling i just got away with it mini heki skylights only go up to 62 mm deep my transit has ribbs on the roof good luck from Dave and Lin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.