Cutting holes for venting?

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Cutting holes for venting?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Global_s
    Participant

Nice one…poking around
    Nice one…poking around under seats, I might be able to find space for them under there, which would be nice. I’ve heard of people doing this before, but how would you went them?

Darren
    Keymaster

Under the passengers seats is
    Under the passengers seats is a good place for batteries. If the batteries has the little plastic vent pipes you can drill a hole in the floor and have them poke outside. If they don’t have the pipe you’ll need to make a box, and have a hole in the floor where the gasses can escape.

Darren
    Keymaster

Under the passengers seats is a good place for batteries. If the batteries has the little plastic vent pipes you can drill a hole in the floor and have them poke outside. If they don’t have the pipe you’ll need to make a box, and have a hole in the floor where the gasses can escape.

Darren
    Keymaster

DigDom
    Participant

Gas vent near exhaust?
    Hi, I noticed Davey mention not to have a battery exhaust near a hot exhaust pipe. Is this because of potential ignition ?
    What about having a gas bottle floor vent situated near the exhaust pipe? and if this is dangerous, what safe distances should I consider? my final plan layout currently lands the gas canister in front of the rear right-hand wheel arch or my LDV Convoy, not far above where my exhaust outlet is.

DigDom
    Participant

Gas vent near exhaust?
    Hi, I noticed Davey mention not to have a battery exhaust near a hot exhaust pipe. Is this because of potential ignition ?
    What about having a gas bottle floor vent situated near the exhaust pipe? and if this is dangerous, what safe distances should I consider? my final plan layout currently lands the gas canister in front of the rear right-hand wheel arch or my LDV Convoy, not far above where my exhaust outlet is.

DigDom
    Participant

Gas vent near exhaust?

Whippet
    Participant

venting leisure battery
    Does a gel battery still need to be vented? I’m planning to put the leisure battery in the metal base of the driver seat, which is not a sealed box but am not sure if I need to enclose it and put vent in.

Whippet
    Participant

venting leisure battery
    Does a gel battery still need to be vented? I’m planning to put the leisure battery in the metal base of the driver seat, which is not a sealed box but am not sure if I need to enclose it and put vent in.

Whippet
    Participant

venting leisure battery

mike .t

battery vent.
    Hi
    I have a mk6 transit and the battery is stored under the drivers seat with the leisure battery next to it.
    This is a factory set up its not in a box and there are no vent pipes. ? ? ?

mike .t

battery vent.
    Hi
    I have a mk6 transit and the battery is stored under the drivers seat with the leisure battery next to it.

mike .t

battery vent.
    Hi

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.