Campervan insurance advice needed…

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat Campervan insurance advice needed…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Amy_Perkins
    Participant

Hi,

We are trying to get insurance for our Mercedes Sprinter, which we will be need to cover from next weekend. The issue we facing is that most insurance companies will only cover us in Europe of 60-90days, meaning we would have to return to each time to get another 60-90 days European cover…which is not ideal at all.

As we won’t be leaving till May, it is difficult to find a good solution regarding insurance. I was told it might be easier to get temp cover in the UK until we leave and then insure it under a European insurance company, whilst away.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    Is your vehicle a

Hi

Is your vehicle a professional conversion or a DIY conversion?

Have you tried :
    Insurance Choice
    Shield
    Campton
    Adrian Flux

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    Is your vehicle a

Hi

Have you tried :
    Insurance Choice
    Shield
    Campton
    Adrian Flux

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    Is your vehicle a

Hi

Have you tried :
    Insurance Choice
    Shield
    Campton
    Adrian Flux

Amy_Perkins
    Participant

Its DIY conversion.
    I’ll

Its DIY conversion.

I’ll give them a go.

Thanks.

Amy_Perkins
    Participant

Its DIY conversion.
    I’ll

Its DIY conversion.

I’ll give them a go.

Thanks.

Amy_Perkins
    Participant

Its DIY conversion.
    I’ll

Its DIY conversion.

I’ll give them a go.

Thanks.

PedroMendez
    Participant

Amy, I’m having this same
    Amy, I’m having this same problem at present, and have found no-one up to this date who will give me cover for A) A self build, and B) Cover for 365 days a year anywhere in Europe. Adrian Flux are maximum of 180 days, otherwise they were great and very cheap, Shield are the same 180 day limit, I am currently waiting for a quote back from Campton, and am hopeful as I told them my criteria before asking for a quote and they were ok with everything. I’ll let you know how I get on as we seem to be in the same situ. One thing is, they only insure people over 25, which means my partner who is 22 can’t be on the policy, which is a shame.

Pete

PedroMendez
    Participant

Amy, I’m having this same problem at present, and have found no-one up to this date who will give me cover for A) A self build, and B) Cover for 365 days a year anywhere in Europe. Adrian Flux are maximum of 180 days, otherwise they were great and very cheap, Shield are the same 180 day limit, I am currently waiting for a quote back from Campton, and am hopeful as I told them my criteria before asking for a quote and they were ok with everything. I’ll let you know how I get on as we seem to be in the same situ. One thing is, they only insure people over 25, which means my partner who is 22 can’t be on the policy, which is a shame.

Pete

PedroMendez
    Participant

Pete

PedroMendez
    Participant

Ok, so here’s my update.
    Ok, so here’s my update. Campton were great until they found out I didn’t have a water holding tank, plumbed in cooker, and a table which people can sit around.. My van simply has units, a rock and roll, and power. I’m stuck. Not sure whether I should insure it as a van, day van, or what? They were fine with the 365 European cover, but had a maximum of 15,000 miles per annum.

PedroMendez
    Participant

Ok, so here’s my update.
    Ok, so here’s my update. Campton were great until they found out I didn’t have a water holding tank, plumbed in cooker, and a table which people can sit around.. My van simply has units, a rock and roll, and power. I’m stuck. Not sure whether I should insure it as a van, day van, or what? They were fine with the 365 European cover, but had a maximum of 15,000 miles per annum.

PedroMendez
    Participant

Ok, so here’s my update.

mgroadster
    Participant

Those things “missing”
    Those things “missing” wouldn’t actually cost much to install. Cheap hob top off Ebay/car boot. Water hoding tank easy enough and a table is easy in the form of a fold up.
    I bought two connectors, (base and top), pedestal and table top for around 35 quid. It all dismantles for the bed to be pulled out.
    I reckon, you could do all that stuff using used stuff for about a hundred quid.

mgroadster
    Participant

Those things “missing”
    Those things “missing” wouldn’t actually cost much to install. Cheap hob top off Ebay/car boot. Water hoding tank easy enough and a table is easy in the form of a fold up.
    I bought two connectors, (base and top), pedestal and table top for around 35 quid. It all dismantles for the bed to be pulled out.
    I reckon, you could do all that stuff using used stuff for about a hundred quid.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.