Camper Van / Caravan Questions

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat Camper Van / Caravan Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Major Gruber
    Participant

I agree with everything
    I agree with everything MGroadster said. For me, the fun is doing as much as you can yourself, which is why I’m building my own caravan. I’m not interested in buying anything, just finding stuff and making it fit. The more money I spend, the more the fun drains out of the hobby. Some people are happy to spend £30,000 on a giant caravan or a camper, but HOW can they justify spending that amount of money on something which is just a hobby? I don’t want hi tech stuff in my vans, I love the walk to the loo at 5AM, listening to people snoring and watching the wildlife, returning for a quiet cup of tea and watching the day begin. I have a sink in the van, but I like the cameraderie in the washing up area, where new friendships are struck up over the Fairy Liquid. These friendships usually develop into a table set out in a circle of vans, with candles late at night, by the dying embers of a barbecue or a firepit and shared bottles of wine or vats of hot chocolate, while the kids sleep safely nearby. Total cost of all this equipment? About £30. Need I say more?

Major Gruber
    Participant

I agree with everything
    I agree with everything MGroadster said. For me, the fun is doing as much as you can yourself, which is why I’m building my own caravan. I’m not interested in buying anything, just finding stuff and making it fit. The more money I spend, the more the fun drains out of the hobby. Some people are happy to spend £30,000 on a giant caravan or a camper, but HOW can they justify spending that amount of money on something which is just a hobby? I don’t want hi tech stuff in my vans, I love the walk to the loo at 5AM, listening to people snoring and watching the wildlife, returning for a quiet cup of tea and watching the day begin. I have a sink in the van, but I like the cameraderie in the washing up area, where new friendships are struck up over the Fairy Liquid. These friendships usually develop into a table set out in a circle of vans, with candles late at night, by the dying embers of a barbecue or a firepit and shared bottles of wine or vats of hot chocolate, while the kids sleep safely nearby. Total cost of all this equipment? About £30. Need I say more?

Major Gruber
    Participant

I agree with everything

Major Gruber
    Participant

I agree with everything

Major Gruber
    Participant

I agree with everything

Major Gruber
    Participant

I agree with everything

Major Gruber
    Participant

I agree with everything

Major Gruber
    Participant

I agree with everything

Major Gruber
    Participant

I agree with everything

Major Gruber
    Participant

I agree with everything

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

cheap as chips
    i”m on the minimal side , like finding , unexpectedly a fab natural layby next to water and having a swim in the morning and the joy of a visitor , like another van pulling in and having a chat or that moment when the cops pull in to see what you are “doing” and after long discussion they leave and i feel like i achieved something (wot?)doing a repair /bit of maintenance etc , yeah , keep it cheap, keep it basic …. for me anyhow

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

cheap as chips
    i”m on the minimal side , like finding , unexpectedly a fab natural layby next to water and having a swim in the morning and the joy of a visitor , like another van pulling in and having a chat or that moment when the cops pull in to see what you are “doing” and after long discussion they leave and i feel like i achieved something (wot?)doing a repair /bit of maintenance etc , yeah , keep it cheap, keep it basic …. for me anyhow

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

cheap as chips

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

cheap as chips

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

cheap as chips

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.