Bus!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    Road puppet
    Participant

Heat.
    That pot belly stove should be good enough to heat the area you whant, and some.There good enough to heat up a 60ft Narrow boat.You may have a problem of to much heat when thats going, i have heard of ones that have started to melt GRP shells, make sure your smoke stack does not cause this on its exit through the roof.

vixen_fix
    Participant

Ah Road puppet :/ I will have
    Ah Road puppet :/ I will have a think of ideas to keep the chimney away from the shell, I have an idea but it’s only the first draft. Are there specific heat dispersing materials like filler or foam that are recommended? I hope the window will be alright. The burner will seldom be used unless we’re wild camping and FREEZING – always have candles, clothes and a duvet 🙂

Hit a problem – Brand new battery 550 CCA / 62Ah started bus fine, swapped it for a fully charged 720 CCA / 88Ah battery and it gave up after one attempt of trying, now won’t turn it over 🙁 🙁 The only thing different electronically is that I’ve taken the tachograph out. Starter motor? Not enough power/faulty battery? Shorting due to tacho (doubt it?) ??

Also dubious about taking the floor out after further inspection, gunna get underneath and have a good look at it and then decide.

It had polystyrene for insulation, should I pop this back in upon reassemble or get better stuff…?

21 questions! Sorry guys – seriously massively appreciate your help and advice 🙂

Thank you stewart! Excited for the future with Ivy (bus).

Minor progress –

vixen_fix
    Participant

Ah Road puppet :/ I will have a think of ideas to keep the chimney away from the shell, I have an idea but it’s only the first draft. Are there specific heat dispersing materials like filler or foam that are recommended? I hope the window will be alright. The burner will seldom be used unless we’re wild camping and FREEZING – always have candles, clothes and a duvet 🙂

Hit a problem – Brand new battery 550 CCA / 62Ah started bus fine, swapped it for a fully charged 720 CCA / 88Ah battery and it gave up after one attempt of trying, now won’t turn it over 🙁 🙁 The only thing different electronically is that I’ve taken the tachograph out. Starter motor? Not enough power/faulty battery? Shorting due to tacho (doubt it?) ??

Also dubious about taking the floor out after further inspection, gunna get underneath and have a good look at it and then decide.

It had polystyrene for insulation, should I pop this back in upon reassemble or get better stuff…?

21 questions! Sorry guys – seriously massively appreciate your help and advice 🙂

Minor progress –

vixen_fix
    Participant

Minor progress –

vixen_fix
    Participant

Minor progress –

vixen_fix
    Participant

Minor progress –

vixen_fix
    Participant

Minor progress –

vixen_fix
    Participant

Minor progress –

vixen_fix
    Participant

Do you think the bus has
    Do you think the bus has enough supports for the roof rack as it is? Also what on earth is that black box? It’s next to the motor for the front doors but looks too complicated to just be for that surely? It’s in an awkward place so that’s the best picture I can get for now, I ain’t touching it till I’ve a clue what it is.

vixen_fix
    Participant

Do you think the bus has
    Do you think the bus has enough supports for the roof rack as it is? Also what on earth is that black box? It’s next to the motor for the front doors but looks too complicated to just be for that surely? It’s in an awkward place so that’s the best picture I can get for now, I ain’t touching it till I’ve a clue what it is.

vixen_fix
    Participant

Do you think the bus has

vixen_fix
    Participant

Do you think the bus has

vixen_fix
    Participant

Do you think the bus has

vixen_fix
    Participant

Do you think the bus has

vixen_fix
    Participant

Do you think the bus has

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.