Bathroom Vents

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Bathroom Vents

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mav359
    Participant

Hi everyone

Im right at the begining of this i plan to go out at the end of april & buy a second hand LWB/High Roof van (Transit Sprinter etc…). Without having the actual van yet there is only so much planning i can do but i have basic layouts of what i’d like to do but the more i get into this the more questions i find i need to ask, the latest of which is…..

Have you all installed vents/extractor fans in the bathroom? i plan to put a Fiamma vent in the main living area but i haven’t seen anyone with vents in the bathroom

Any help or thoughts would be good

Cheers

Alan

mgroadster
    Participant

I don’t have a “bathroom” as
    I don’t have a “bathroom” as such in my LWB high top transit, but do have a small compartment with a Thetford porta loo in. I have put a small air vent in the side of the van.

mgroadster
    Participant

I don’t have a “bathroom” as such in my LWB high top transit, but do have a small compartment with a Thetford porta loo in. I have put a small air vent in the side of the van.

mgroadster
    Participant

Mav359
    Participant

sweet i kept thinking roof
    sweet i kept thinking roof but side is easier. ive got a porta loo already but i was going to put a shower in aswell and was thinking of the moisture.

Cheers

Mav359
    Participant

sweet i kept thinking roof but side is easier. ive got a porta loo already but i was going to put a shower in aswell and was thinking of the moisture.

Cheers

Mav359
    Participant

Cheers

ofb
    Participant

vents / roof light
    I put a 400 x 400 one above where cooker will be and a 320 x 320 one in the what will be come the loo , both are constantly vented when closed ….then you pop them open as required …..mind you having a flat non ribbed roof makes this job easy

ofb
    Participant

vents / roof light
    I put a 400 x 400 one above where cooker will be and a 320 x 320 one in the what will be come the loo , both are constantly vented when closed ….then you pop them open as required …..mind you having a flat non ribbed roof makes this job easy

ofb
    Participant

vents / roof light

Mav359
    Participant

do u have link or make/model
    do u have link or make/model of the vents you bought?

Is one with a electric fan worth it?

Cheers

Mav359
    Participant

Cheers

Mav359
    Participant

Cheers

mgroadster
    Participant

Where are you planning on
    Where are you planning on this shower going?
    I have length ways seating/pull out bed, wardrobe and then a small toilet cubicle on one side, and on the other the kitchen range, drainer/sink/hob. This is in a LWB transit.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but you would need a jumbo to include a shower you can actually move in or have a shower at the cost of losing something else.
    If you are planning currently, you surely want to look at seating/sleeping, bedding storage, clothing storage, emergency toileting, cooking and washing up.(Kitchen sink doubles as wash basin).
    You can easily keep yourself clean without a shower, and you can then have a shower once on a site. Just a thought.
    Also, the shower will need to be totally water tight, and you will need to allow for the expansion and contraction of any timber you use in the carcassing to ensure water doesn’t seep to the metal floor and rot it.

mgroadster
    Participant

Where are you planning on
    Where are you planning on this shower going?
    I have length ways seating/pull out bed, wardrobe and then a small toilet cubicle on one side, and on the other the kitchen range, drainer/sink/hob. This is in a LWB transit.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but you would need a jumbo to include a shower you can actually move in or have a shower at the cost of losing something else.
    If you are planning currently, you surely want to look at seating/sleeping, bedding storage, clothing storage, emergency toileting, cooking and washing up.(Kitchen sink doubles as wash basin).
    You can easily keep yourself clean without a shower, and you can then have a shower once on a site. Just a thought.
    Also, the shower will need to be totally water tight, and you will need to allow for the expansion and contraction of any timber you use in the carcassing to ensure water doesn’t seep to the metal floor and rot it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.