alcohol and motorhomes uk

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat alcohol and motorhomes uk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    twinwebber16001972
    Participant

Just in case anyone is wondering , (or was i simply thick on the day?)if u have a drink ,get in your bed in your van the police can awaken you breathalyse you and charge you with being over the proscribed limit with intention to drive (happened to me years ago,)there is a legal defence to said charge , but ,to cut a long story short it cost me the thick end off £3000 to put my case (successfully)please do not think not having the keys /removing the battery gets round the law , it doesn”t , a fella was charged a while back with same and his vehicle had no engine It”s a long way out off hell , i can (obviously)tell you , so, be careful , and the guy wiv the “no engine! still had to argue his case on a point of law.be very careful !!!

mgroadster
    Participant

If I was camping at the side
    If I was camping at the side of the road, I would never drink anything over the top due to alcohol being still in my system the next morning. When I was couriering, I used to have 1 beer with my tea in the cab, before settling down for the night. I’d wait till on a site for a few days before going in party mode.

mgroadster
    Participant

If I was camping at the side of the road, I would never drink anything over the top due to alcohol being still in my system the next morning. When I was couriering, I used to have 1 beer with my tea in the cab, before settling down for the night. I’d wait till on a site for a few days before going in party mode.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

kitesurfer
    Participant

This olde chesnut does the
    This olde chesnut does the round so often. There’s so many threads on this over the interent with so called experts saying on thing and another and this happened to my mate etc etc.
    Please go into more detail as to what happened to you years ago! Where you parked up, what time etc etc. You say years ago, how long ago.
    Of course when staying in your van on the road you need to assess your situation, especially if you think about having a drink. You’d be a fool not to, you may have to move it for some unforseen reason.

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

This olde chesnut does the round so often. There’s so many threads on this over the interent with so called experts saying on thing and another and this happened to my mate etc etc.
    Please go into more detail as to what happened to you years ago! Where you parked up, what time etc etc. You say years ago, how long ago.
    Of course when staying in your van on the road you need to assess your situation, especially if you think about having a drink. You’d be a fool not to, you may have to move it for some unforseen reason.

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.