1996 t4 battery issues

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Clobo28
    Participant

Hi,
    We haven’t yet, we have

Hi,

We haven’t yet, we have only had it since Thursday and this weekend was our first trip out. It has been starting eventually so we haven’t needed to jump start. New battery needed then?

Clobo28
    Participant

Hi,
    We haven’t yet, we have

Hi,

We haven’t yet, we have only had it since Thursday and this weekend was our first trip out. It has been starting eventually so we haven’t needed to jump start. New battery needed then?

Clobo28
    Participant

Hi,
    We haven’t yet, we have

Hi,

Clobo28
    Participant

Hi,
    We haven’t yet, we have

Hi,

mgroadster
    Participant

Not neccesarily a new
    Not neccesarily a new battery. I would only get one once I had carried out the test,….but any garage will put a meter on it if you take it to em and tell you if it’s knackered, however avoid going to kwik fit/Halford type places where the muppets will tell you it’s knackered even if it’s not, just to sell you a new one. Go to a decent grease monkey type garage.(If you know what I mean). But my money is on the reliability of the battery and it’s ability to hold any charge….Failing that, If you are a member of a breakdown association, get it started, drive to a layby, if it won’t start again after a while, call em out and they will identify the problem.Job done!

mgroadster
    Participant

Not neccesarily a new
    Not neccesarily a new battery. I would only get one once I had carried out the test,….but any garage will put a meter on it if you take it to em and tell you if it’s knackered, however avoid going to kwik fit/Halford type places where the muppets will tell you it’s knackered even if it’s not, just to sell you a new one. Go to a decent grease monkey type garage.(If you know what I mean). But my money is on the reliability of the battery and it’s ability to hold any charge….Failing that, If you are a member of a breakdown association, get it started, drive to a layby, if it won’t start again after a while, call em out and they will identify the problem.Job done!

mgroadster
    Participant

Not neccesarily a new

mgroadster
    Participant

Not neccesarily a new

mgroadster
    Participant

Not neccesarily a new

mgroadster
    Participant

Not neccesarily a new

mgroadster
    Participant

Not neccesarily a new

mgroadster
    Participant

Not neccesarily a new

mgroadster
    Participant

Not neccesarily a new

mgroadster
    Participant

Not neccesarily a new

mgroadster
    Participant

Not neccesarily a new

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.