Zig Unit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    tanker101
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have a leisure Battery in my camper van. It is connected directly to the main van battery. I have debated fitting the van with a zig unit. Is this an easy job? or is there an easier way. i dont like the idea of the van running down the main battery if the leisure battery is discharged.

kitesurfer
    Participant

Having the leisure battery
    Having the leisure battery directly connected to the main battery is not a good idea. All you are effectively doing is increasing the size of your main battery and yes you will be draining it. There are many different types of zip units from volt meters to charging systems so unless you tell us exactly what the model type is it isn’t possible for us to comment on how easy to fit it will be. I suspect though that it will be quite easy.

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

Having the leisure battery directly connected to the main battery is not a good idea. All you are effectively doing is increasing the size of your main battery and yes you will be draining it. There are many different types of zip units from volt meters to charging systems so unless you tell us exactly what the model type is it isn’t possible for us to comment on how easy to fit it will be. I suspect though that it will be quite easy.

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

KS

tanker101
    Participant

Zig unit
    The van is fitted with an automatic split relay as i have just found out but this can not be working. I am looking at using a charging system so will update post when i purchase it.
    Thanks for help
    wayne

tanker101
    Participant

Zig unit
    The van is fitted with an automatic split relay as i have just found out but this can not be working. I am looking at using a charging system so will update post when i purchase it.
    Thanks for help
    wayne

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.