Zig CF8 – have I got it wrong somewhere?

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Zig CF8 – have I got it wrong somewhere?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bimble777
    Participant

Hi All,
    I’ve just fitted the new Zig CF8 unit to my Relay conversion and have run into a problem.

With no hook-up ALL the 12v strip lights work fine on battery. But, switch on the mains and one of the lights goes out. At the same time, the orange light switch on the Zig doesn’t illuminate when the mains is switched on.
    It is possible that the bulb in the Zig switch has failed, but looking at the behaviour of the one light which goes out it maybe suggests that I’ve done something wrong.
    I’ve gone over all my connections but can’t find any obvious error.

Anyone any idea where I’ve gone wrong?

Incidentally, the accommodation section wiring is completely independent of the chassis circuit; no connection to the chassis battery.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Zig CF8 – no output
    Hi All, Solved it. It wasn’t the Zig’s fault after all. All my own connections to the consumer unit were fine, but the unit had a minor problem which I hadn’t spotted. There is a short copper bus-bar at the bottom of the unit which connects the Neutral ports together. The terminal sprig which pushes into the bottom of the input trip wasn’t in the right hole – so no Neutral to the MCBs. Somehow, the person assembling the thing had managed to get the copper sprig ‘behind’ the clamp which should have been gripping it.

Anyway, sorted.

1. Well done. Glad you got it
      Well done. Glad you got it sorted OK.