yo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    timo
    Participant

“Ello” newbie with the first question of ” why is my steering wheel on the wrong side “…. joke ……. No just wondering what peoples thoughts experiences are with long term European breakdown cover ie first started to look into it tonight and got quoted about a grand, errrrr narrrr don’t think so .

Darren

Hey Timo
    Hey Timo

Are you going for many months?
    I have always gone without it, as getting recovered doesn’t cost as much as some of the policies, so doesn’t seem sensible to do.

Darren

Hey Timo
    Hey Timo

Are you going for many months?
    I have always gone without it, as getting recovered doesn’t cost as much as some of the policies, so doesn’t seem sensible to do.

timo
    Participant

European breakdown
    Hi Darren,
    Was going from July till November ish at mo, guess just concerned cause broke down twice first time I did a trip although in the end got lucky and a local made us a new pipe . ,with not speaking the language n all makes it more interesting. So if your in that situation do u just knock on doors , hope there is a town nearby etc ? . Ps great site dude .
    Cheers
    T

timo
    Participant

European breakdown
    Hi Darren,
    Was going from July till November ish at mo, guess just concerned cause broke down twice first time I did a trip although in the end got lucky and a local made us a new pipe . ,with not speaking the language n all makes it more interesting. So if your in that situation do u just knock on doors , hope there is a town nearby etc ? . Ps great site dude .
    Cheers
    T

tee_cee
    Participant

Never bothered on our last
    Never bothered on our last trip because it look too dear. So we broke down in the Spanish pyrenees, but luckily we were only a few miles from the last campsite, so we were able to get help – it could have been a lot worse. In hindsight finding someone who was actually qualified to fix the problem was the biggest challenge.

Recently I remembered that we took out insurance on our last big trip about 8 years ago. We used Britannia, who are now LV. The European cover comes in at £130, and it will allow for trips up to 6 months. This is great value compared to the RAC etc, however it can be got for a lot less if you are a menber of the CSMA. This is the civil service motoring club, which I joined by virtue of a close relative working for the civil service.

The odd thing is that this time I just clicked trough on the links at http://www.csmaclub.co.uk/shop/carshop/breakdowncover and low and behold the price drops to £73.50. From what I can tell the CSMA fee is included, but there is no mention of eligibility and there is no mention in the t&cs or policy docs.

Since I have previously been a member I’m comfortable that the policy will be ok.
    Good luck

tee_cee
    Participant

Never bothered on our last
    Never bothered on our last trip because it look too dear. So we broke down in the Spanish pyrenees, but luckily we were only a few miles from the last campsite, so we were able to get help – it could have been a lot worse. In hindsight finding someone who was actually qualified to fix the problem was the biggest challenge.

Recently I remembered that we took out insurance on our last big trip about 8 years ago. We used Britannia, who are now LV. The European cover comes in at £130, and it will allow for trips up to 6 months. This is great value compared to the RAC etc, however it can be got for a lot less if you are a menber of the CSMA. This is the civil service motoring club, which I joined by virtue of a close relative working for the civil service.

The odd thing is that this time I just clicked trough on the links at http://www.csmaclub.co.uk/shop/carshop/breakdowncover and low and behold the price drops to £73.50. From what I can tell the CSMA fee is included, but there is no mention of eligibility and there is no mention in the t&cs or policy docs.

Since I have previously been a member I’m comfortable that the policy will be ok.
    Good luck

timo
    Participant

European breakdown
    Nice one I’ll check that out .
    Cheers
    T

timo
    Participant

European breakdown
    Nice one I’ll check that out .
    Cheers
    T

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.