wot is this for

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions wot is this for

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    hayjoe
    Participant

can anybody tell me wot this is for..?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. probably just a dc outlet for
    probably just a dc outlet for a map light or the like. stick a meter in it and flick the switch and i suspect you’ll see 12 ish volts across it. 5 amp is about right for a small 12v halogen spot. i can’t tell for sure but it looks like it has a seal round the bottom edge and some form of twist lock closer to the centre, if that is the case then those would be traits I’d associate with a power outlet.

1. thanks for the help..
      thanks for the help.. lazarus:)

2. Its for plugging some thing
    Its for plugging some thing in to.
    could be numerous things, but given that it is a fairly random looking socket, with a bit of a random assortment of screws holding it in place it be very tempted to call it an enthusiast job, and as such has been done to serve a perpose so may not be the part you’d usually select for the job.

I’d guess at it been a 12DC outlet (though i can’t make out any keying in the picture so may be just for lights), but nothing to say it couldn’t be for a speaker or even a switch. Could you give an idea where its located that could help determine what its doing. First thing i’d do is stick a multimeter in it and see if there’s any thing there.

1. Ive traced the wire and it
      Ive traced the wire and it Sher’s a switch with the two main fluorescent lights in the crew bit off the van. it a x Jarvis British rail crew van its on the main switch board in the canter of the van 5 amp fuse.. it has 10/250~ with a RS symbol on it..